CCTV info Wanted Please

irlam

Inactive User
Reaction score
After an attempted breakin last night im looking for a cctv system that has the following.

please excuse me as i know absolutely nothing about cctv systems,i thought id ask here to see

if anybody has any good advice , have one fitted themselves at home or some system they could recomend

before i go and buy.

1. Something with 2x external cameras with night vision (1xfront and 1xback of house)?

2. Something i can connect to my pc,or has its own memory to store images etc?

3. Motion detection?

4. Not to expensive?

5. Can these systems send me a message to my phone when theres any movement?

6. Not to complicated to use/install

logitech are doing a good network CCTV system at the moment, I dont have the details to hand so will post them when I get home.

hi i have cctv installed at my home due to my garage been broken into 3 times and believe me they deter as ive had no problems at all the only problem is the box i have records continus for 365 days a year and u dont have to worry about changing tapes or sd cards as it has a hard drive the box is 4ch mpeg dvr it costs about £300 but well worth the investment make sure u get a black and white system as colour cameras dont pick up at night time aswell as b/w just type in the name ive queted above u can rig up 2 4 cameras on it aswell ive only got 2 one at the front and back also get urself sum security lighting aswell

Last edited:
Most cameras switch from colour to black/white when the light drops mate. mine does. But then again mine wasnt cheep.

You get what you pay for in this field mate, mine is wireless and also does audio.

Its made by eyes everywhere and got it from a well known auction site.

had mine from here bit expensive but you get what you pay for as mentioned earlier .the ones i had are connected to pc via a card and the software what comes with it you can do all sorts of things with it just google geovision

http://www.iviewcameras.co.uk/

Been looking into this myself lately m8
From what I've read, it seems you're better going for a stand alone DVR. You can get them with ethernet port and either access it remotely from your pc or via the net.
They typically have 4 camera inputs and can record motion only too.

Curly

Back