Cccam.cfg Puzzler!

philsbox

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi to you all,

After many happy hours reading the tutorials & info on this site, I'm pleased to say I have my Dreambox 800HD up & running to a fashion!

A big thankyou to all that sacrifice their time to educate the likes of me!

I have a question regarding cccam.config. Using DCC I edited my cccam.config by inserting the 2 clines I have been provided. I inserted these side by side on line 80 after removing the #, save/exit & then rebooted box. Delighted to see most of the expected channels, however three channels missing.

The cline provider asked if I only had the 2 clines in cccam.config. Well, I have 623 lines of mumbo jumbo all starting with a # which I believe them to be locked.

Does it matter that I have all these other lines or do I need to delete everything and then re-insert my clines on line 80?

Am I doing something wrong, or is the provider just stalling me as they stated they are carrying out work on their servers?

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Kind Regards

Phil

it doesnt matter about all the mumbo jumbo, if you dont need it just delete it all and put your c lines on line 1 and line 2, not side by side on the same line. all the rest is just info on what you can do with cccam but as a client you dont need all that, what channels exactly are you missing, have you got an upto date channel list!

if you sort your private messaging out i will send you a c line to test to see if the channels work from my server, if they do then you know its them!

Last edited:
If you've got two c lines they should be on seperate lines, not side by side on the same line.

As for the other lines, provided they have # it makes no difference, though you can delete them if you like...I delete all the unused lines in my config as it's tidier

Hi,

Thanks for the swift replies. I will re-edit my cccam.config and see if the missing channels return with the 2 clines I already have.

Kind Regards

Phil

Hi,

Thanks for the swift replies. I will re-edit my cccam.config and see if the missing channels return with the 2 clines I already have.

Kind Regards

Phil
ok mate good luck, let us know how it goes and if its solved the problem!

Hi,

Deleted all the stuff in cccam.config.

Entered my 2 clines in lines 1 & 2.

Saved/exit, rebooted box and now have only FTA channels.

The 2 clines I had were test lines which should have expired by now, but have been kept active as the provider said they were working on their servers and wanted me to see the difference on completion & perhaps sort my missing channels issue.

Incidentally the missing channels were Ars*nal TV, E*PN HD & Disc*very HD.

Don't know if anything I've just done would kill the clines.

Open to any suggestions !!!

Kind Regards

Phil

sounds like they've just cut them off mate if they were only tests, cant be sure though, but all you need in your config file is the clines so its nothing to do with that, pm i'll sort you a c line so you can test to make sure your up and running right as i know my server is fine!

Hi,
Just to be sure copy the .cfg file back to your desktop and make sure the changes have happened.
I spent a day scratching my head playing with mine and for some reason when I was copying the files across it wasn't actually doing it.
Wizbit77

Hi,

I've received confirmation from the provider that the clines I had have now expired.......which may be why I lost my channels!

Have been offered a test line but I'm buggered if I know how to set up private messages!

Contacted Admin but no reply as yet.

Anyone know how to set up PM ?

Kind Regards

Phil

Hi,

I've received confirmation from the provider that the clines I had have now expired.......which may be why I lost my channels!

Have been offered a test line but I'm buggered if I know how to set up private messages!

Contacted Admin but no reply as yet.

Anyone know how to set up PM ?

Kind Regards

Phil
write your email on my visitors page i'll get it then delete the message, lol!

think you might need at least 10 posts to activate PM'S

In the meantime, I've had a 24hr test by a provider and it seems all is ok with my cccam.config edit!
Got all expected channels, but the freezing on some HD channels is something awful.
Is that what I should expect, as my previous provider had the very same problem?
big-hol, thanks for advice I'll send you my email to visitors page.
Off now for a couple of tubes down my local!
Speak Soon
Phil

yes,..a known issue with some 800's,..you'll need an inline signal booster,.. here

Back