card reader for wii???

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at softmodding my wii but don't have a Card reader to transfer files from PC to SD card... anyone recommend a good/cheap card reader??

cheers.

Virtually any all-in-1 card reader will do these days, but make sure it is USB 2.0, some of the cheaper ones are still USB 1.1 so will crawl along when transferring big files or lots of small files

I personally use this one, and it reads damn near any memory card on the market. Its very cheap (£2.99 with free P+P in UK) but does actually work, and its USB 2.0. Just plug it in and your ready to use it, unless you are still using Win98 in which case you will need to install USB drivers

And it supports MicroSD cards, so if you have a MicroSD card and SD card adaptor laying around use that with your Wii. They work fine, in fact I use a 2GB MicroSD card with SD card adapator for my Wii softmodding

Some of the very very cheap ones are strictly readers only, they cannot write. I made that mistake before, so thats why it was that cheap .....

USB★ALL IN 1 MEMORY CARD READER WRITER★SD M2 TF XD MMC★ on eBay (end time 20-Oct-10 23:33:33 BST)

Don't use bigger than 2GB SD card when softmodding, the Wii can't 'see' bigger than 2GB to start with as your running the wii before it gets chance to boot when you are installing bootmii, and don't use SDHC cards for the same reason

A plain cheap 2GB SD card should cost you no more than £5. A 1GB will do to softmod the essential files to complete the softmod with the HomeBrew Channel installed and any extras like USB HD support. Once is been softmodded you can then use any SD card you want. I think the Wii now supports upto 32GB SDHC cards

Last edited:
Back