car insurance (yes we all know its a joke)

TheCheekyMonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
been getting qoutes of £1000 and above , so much so i had decided to take my car off the road. Last years insurance was £550, year before £525.

car is 1.7 dti eco 4 astra (a whopping 75 bhp)

driving 5 years, not one claim, or motoring conviction, aged well over 30, cars kept on the drive and dont drive like an idiot.

when i ask the reason for the neigh on 50% increase in insurance premiums i am told (as we all are) that its due to all these false insurance claims, crash for cash etc etc.

so my question is this.

if they are telling me that its because of fraudulant claims and crash for cash then :-

1. they must be paying out on these

and

2. they must know they are fraudulant

it dont make sense, due to there stupidity or not emplying ibetter investigators i, through no fault of my own have to cover the costs?

foooooook that, robbing basts.

by the way this is for blackburn in lancashire, a well know hot bed for car insurance fraud.

well ive decided to move down to my sisters in hereford, and guess how much my insurance has dropped by.............

chepest quote, fully comp £360................................

an absolute joke.

rant over

They have to pay for the repair of the other car. That would not have needed repaired, if one of those twarts had not done a crash for cash.

lol yeah i understand that but its just the whole, drive carefully, play by the rules, have no claims and then they just come along and bump it up through no fault of your own, not gonna change i know, i`m just glad i have moved lol

Don't forget the new law.
You still have to insure the car if it's off the road, unless you declare it SORN (and mustn't be parked on the road)
I've noticed regular trips in my area by DVLA vans

Mine has gone up £20, Aviva online are £300 cheaper than all other comparison sites.

ok i will try and explain this but with my spelling being very bad i hope you get the just of it ok here goes
my daughter has just got provisional insurance with her hubby she is the main driver on it with hubby named the fun was when they were on the phone the quite was 600 for 10 month and you get your first no claims for it and do the same again 600 not to bad for a 26 year old learner one day in the week they sent here there quote letter from who they got it from 350 and you can hav it for that i think she had rung the phone no b4 she pick the phone up any way they said she shouldnt of got the letter but will look into it for her she got a nice 250 rebate but told it will be the full amount next year i hope u understand what i was tying to say

Been driving for 12 years, but as a named driver so not built up any no claims. Currently in the process of buying my first car - '99 VW Golf GTI 1.8T (150BHP). Cheapest so far are Admiral, who have quoted £900 for the year...

I would appreciate and be interested on what people pay for there policy's....

Perhaps a little bit on info too ie type of policy,car,broker,cost...

Also any tips on getting the cost down,if they still work lol

Think this would be quite valuable to most members on here too....

'02' Mini Cooper S - my missus main driver (15 years never claimed) - me second driver - £460 fully comp insurance with kwik fit. and we got cashback on quidco too.

Don't be scared to shop around we got huge cashback with Aviva last year who quoted us really low, then when it came to renewal they wanted a fortune (about £200 more than the year before) so went round loads and got this policy at the much lower price.

The insurance company cited the same rubbish they do to everyone about why its gone up (more crime, more uninsured drivers and such).

We live in a small village on the south coast (checking on the police thingy a bit back we have a ridiculously low crime rate)

Last edited:
i was suprised when i added my wife onto my insurance - it went down MASSIVELY as a married couple must be more careful!

Last years insurance £700, just come up for renewal £3700 lol. Bit of hunting around and got it for £780 with admiral multicar :)

Old Rover 214i. Been driving 20 years with full no claims bonus no points no convictions ect. Last year (ending dec 2010) was £280 for the year -Renewal was a laughable £1200+odds. Shopped around and got it for a shade over £250 also waiting on £50 cashback from quidco which puts it down to £190 ish for the year...happy with that. I think my car is a group 6 insurance class.

Good year for me this year. With bell got 600. This is with 7 years no claims and group 19 insurance. Only thing is its for 10 month and not the whole year.

Back