#!$*&^~ Car Insurance

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
JESUS FU****G CHIRST!

OK fair enough I drive a 3.0d BMW X5, but this is just plain ridiculous: £1542 per year renewal (protected no claims, business, legal & temp car) + I have a tracker retrieve and thatcham alarm fitted, and its parked off road up a drive. I've never had an accident, I had one claim 10+ years ago which was because my car was stolen off my drive (key taken), but other than that....

£155 Per Month over 10 months.

I WAS paying £115 per month, that's £40 a month increase in the last year!!!!! FFS how the f**k do these people come to these figures. Please someone must know the absurb calculation they use.

Even if I had kept my old car (a year 2000 Audi A4 1.8), it would have still been over £900 per year and £80 per month, I mean do insurance companies have no idea that they are actually the ones at times causing people to drive with no insurance....

My missus drives a Mini Cooper S, couple of years older and she pays £465 a year. I mean it makes no sense whatsoever.

Even if I was to ditch my X5 and by a 2.0TDI A4 of around 2007, it would still cost me near enough £1200

WHAT PLANET DO CAR INSURANCE COMPANIES LIVE ON.

I had one quote that had a £3000 excess lmao

Last edited:
i know wot you mean.
i 've got a cmax, and was with first alternative, £200 in 2 years. now i'm with axa.
wife has a rover, with sheilas wheels, only £20 in 2 years.

time to ship around m8 ,, remember it can be cheaper to add the wife to your insurance dont ask me why but it lowers it

Did that mate.

Comparethemarket. direct line, LVE, adrian flux, confused, that stupid annoying shit off the tv (go compare)

One company wanted £5000 per year!

Mine jumped up from £550 to £850(lloyds tsb) for my RX8,full no claims etc.Their excuse was that other people are claiming in my area!
I managed to get it down to £550 fully comp with LV,for some reason it was cheaper to insure when parked on the street

Their excuse was that other people are claiming in my area!
thats wot i was told as well, and said thats not my fcukin problem. and told em if you wont reduce i'll walk, so i did

Here is the best one, i removed my partner and the premium went up to £1680 and £179 per month. How the flying f*** does that work.

its a total rip off !!

I paid £ 880 last year on a 06 vectra sri DIESEL ! 19 years no claims, put my girlfriend on it and it went down to this otherwise it would have been £ 980 !

2001 1.8 mondeo
£1400 4yr no claim bonus TPFT!!!!

when i first passed my test it was £1800 fooking joke

cant wait till these idiots get regulated as i bet there is quite a bit of price fixing going on!

I pay around £400 a year (1.8 Focus). My wife is planning on getting her provisinal this year so I thought Id test how much to put her on. I came down by £100 to have her as a learner, but when she passes it goes up £200.
How does that make sense??

I pay around £400 a year (1.8 Focus). My wife is planning on getting her provisinal this year so I thought Id test how much to put her on. I came down by £100 to have her as a learner, but when she passes it goes up £200.
How does that make sense??

Because she will be using the car more as a new driver and without you to help her ;)

However insurance is a rip off and it needs regulating and fast!

me and the gf just saved a few hundred pound changing to the multicar with admiral, give it a go

I just renewed the insurance on my car, have loads of NCB etc, renewal came with eSure came in at £613 but I picked up 3 points last year so rang them up expecting it to go up by a few quid, they wanted an additional £318, that's £106 per point. So I spent half a day shopping around and ended up with Zurich who wanted £613 in total.

As others have said, some insurance companies have cheaper premiums if you say parked on the road as their stats indicate that cars do get damaged getting them in and out of driveways/garage. For Zurich, the premium went up by around £25 if I said driveway so I said road :)

I changed mine recently, the company I was with (RSA) increased the premium from £159 to £191, so I shopped around and managed to get it down to £144 with Hastings.

my insurance was due on 11th feb .. one call in doncaster wanted £212. so off to comparison sites and got it for £138 fully comp and i get a free meerkat

Last edited:
Stop it, your sending me into state of depression! Your yearly is less than I pay per month!!!

I'm changing my car to :

Fools2_2048656i.jpg

Back