Car Paintwork Protection

cheers MH
I do have a Costcos :) do they sell the collinite as well ?

Unfortunately not, cleanyour car as listed above is about the best place for getting the wash and polishes.

You get points from them when you order, that you can use on your next purchase as a discount. The service from there is 1st class, any issues drop them an email and they will contact you back fast.

For tyres Maguires Endurance Tyre Gel is good. You can use the Collinite on the wheels also and will help stop the brake dust from sticking and make it easier to clean off.

As for washing any of the chemical guys stuff is good and last a long time as its very concentrated.

excelent :) thanks very much

@ bronto 1 day to do it al land the wax, you can wax practically right away with the FK1000P and then Z8 to finish the next

superb finish with it

get 36 MF @ costco for £15

I know I was only pulling your leg m8 ;) takes me nearly the whole weekend to do the car and the bike, if you want it done properly :)

Also if you have a Costco near you, you can get 24 16" x 16" microfibre cloths for 12 quid

even better value MH 36 microfibre cloths for £12.99 :Hit:

The service from there is 1st class, any issues drop them an email and they will contact you back fast.

I ordered Sunday...still prosessing
also emailed then Sunday as I wanted to add to my order ... no reply as yet

Just my luck lol

errr yeah sure I did :err: better go check :blushing:

EDIT: yes all in stock :)

Last edited:
Fair play to all you keen car polishers, I wash mine about once every 4 months with a bucket of warm water and some washing up liquid, unsuprisingly it dont look much different after I washed it :)

arrived today :) funny though as status still says processing lol

Any one got any recommendations on a paint restorer come polish.
I've got a mk3 capri and its getting sprayed in the summer but i wouldn't mint it looking better than it does till then ...

Alright mate, I am new to this too but been doing some research and no have this process

1 Wash car with a car shampoo

2. clay car

3 wash car again dry using Microfiber towel

4 polish with AG SRP

5 Wax with FK1000P wax then x2

6 Seal with Zaino Z8 Grand finale and use this to top up after every wash

Any one got any recommendations on a paint restorer come polish.
I've got a mk3 capri and its getting sprayed in the summer but i wouldn't mint it looking better than it does till then ...

PM sent mate, but for a beginner the above products are good easy to apply and wont wreck your paintwork, also if you buy a snow foam lance and attach to a pressure washer and add some supa foam leave it to soak and see how clean your car is even at that stage. Mint. check out the pm and you will see what i mean

These two products are good and provide guarantee

Supagard gives 3 year guarantee
Jewelultra Diamondbrite gives 6 year guarantee.

Cheers

VG

For about £40ish look for the silverline polisher on fleabay, kit will come with 3 heads to polish car with, its ok for a beginner (ideally pratice on a scap panel from scrap yard)because you can knacker the paint .
the heads aint that good but you can buy better ones from the site allready mentioned.
take a look on this site for more tips mate
Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers.[/QUOTE]

These two products are good and provide guarantee

Supagard gives 3 year guarantee
Jewelultra Diamondbrite gives 6 year guarantee.

Cheers

VG

unless your cars brand spanking new from the factory, dont bother, they aint worth the money its a complete rip off.
customers used to pay £250 for this and only a third of each bottle is used so the company that puts it on makes a killing.

Last edited:
well I polished me scooter yesterday with collinite and wow what a shine
well impressed I gotta say

worth the money :)

car to do next :(

Thanks for all the tips guys

never mind the car,you not want a shiny helmet to match the bike

Ill have you know both are in clean but well used condition ;)

Back