Car Paintwork Protection

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Not long bought myself a new Vespa and I want to protect the paint work on it,Ive always used Mer polish but I'm sure there must be some more advanced polish/protection out now days :)

whats the Best polish,wax on the market these days ? looked on Halfords site and theres loads and loads :frown:

like I say I don't just want shine I want it properly protected against all weathers

might even use it on the car too lol

I use, Auto Glym, super resin polish. I also used mer previously, but i find Auto Glym a better polish.This is only my opnion anyway.

Take a look on here mate, get all my stuff off them.
i use the Collinite 476 on the car twice a year and its fantastic stuff.
Clean Your Car - car care products UK
and after a wash give it a wipe over with some Quik Detailer for a lovely shine and added protection

some Auto glym has a very mild t-cut in it very good polish but depending on the finish you want there is better on the market.

Last edited:
Take a look on here mate, get all my stuff off them.
i use the Collinite 476 on the car twice a year and its fantastic stuff.
Clean Your Car - car care products UK

As above Collinite 476s is the best:) Its almost permanent! I done my cr last spring and the water is still beading tightly.
Even done the caravan.

cheers guys :) well I had to search "Quik Detailer" never heard of it lol
I'm usually wash chamois and wax man Job done

any more tips etc please feel free to share :)

the best on the market at the moment by far is MER and Autoglym Super Resin Polish..........

also if you have light scratches and marks T CUT COLOUR FAST would be better with a little bit of elbow grease.........

Alright mate, I am new to this too but been doing some research and no have this process

1 Wash car with a car shampoo

2. clay car

3 wash car again dry using Microfiber towel

4 polish with AG SRP

5 Wax with FK1000P wax then x2

6 Seal with Zaino Z8 Grand finale and use this to top up after every wash

As above Collinite 476s is the best:) Its almost permanent! I done my cr last spring and the water is still beading tightly.
Even done the caravan.

Collinite 476s is very good

Alright mate, I am new to this too but been doing some research and no have this process

1 Wash car with a car shampoo

2. clay car

3 wash car again dry using Microfiber towel

4 polish with AG SRP

5 Wax with FK1000P wax then x2

6 Seal with Zaino Z8 Grand finale and use this to top up after every wash

lol you will need to book a week off work :)

deffo going to get the Collinite 476s just looking for the cheapst place now :)

two buckets to wash car/bike , one soapy one water, dip your mit/sponge in the clean water bucket before the soapy one to get rid of the dirt/grit off it helps stop getting little scratch marks in the paint.

@Rat the link in my first post are good to buy from and quick service, i ordered a drying towel last time and it came in a massive box filled with polly balls to protect it :err:
and u get a hand written note thanking you for your order...nice touch lol

cheers Manse :)
I don't mind paying a little extra for a good/reliable service

looks like we should invest in a sealant too guys :)

Car Sealants Glazes and waxes

Cleaning your car protects the paintwork and helps make it look shiny and new, so why go to all that effort to let the elements wreak havoc on it? Sealants simply do just that- they seal the paint from the harsh environment. Where wax is a natural substance, sealants are synthetic waxes that are formulated for long lasting and protective qualities. They contain polymers or acrylic compounds that are tough to beat and give exceptional gloss.

Cheers Rat, looks like adding more stuff to the boxes of cleaning stuff i've got.
its a bugger though now i have to pay for it lol perk of my old job is i used to get it all free.

All we need now is sand free rain just after cleaning the car, hate that because our car is black and next day its always covered in dust or sand from the rain.

deffo going to get the Collinite 476s just looking for the cheapst place now :)

Mate get the FK100P massive tin and goes a long long way compared to col and its superb on your weels too :)

@ bronto 1 day to do it al land the wax, you can wax practically right away with the FK1000P and then Z8 to finish the next

superb finish with it

get 36 MF @ costco for £15

Last edited:
Rat you will be OK without a sealant if you use the collinite.

Also if you have a Costco near you, you can get 24 16" x 16" microfibre cloths for 12 quid. Better than a chamois for drying :) and the best for applying and buffing the polish/wax off. :)

Back