car keys locked in boot of car

It's gonna be a window jobby by the looks of it, seen a few call outs when a mechanic has left keys in a car and the alarm as auto locked its self even when rac/aa have come to it they allways ended up having a smashing time.

just got a quote from a call out locksmith £65 ffs ! no new ann summers for the missus this week !!.

just got a quote from a call out locksmith £65 ffs ! no new ann summers for the missus this week !!.

One last thing you could try is find a lockpicking forum, and ask if theres anyone in your area that has ford picks and wouldnt mind having a go at opening it for a few quid. You may get lucky, if you can find someone that does it for fun rather than for their profession.

Only issue I would have with doing that myself is you dont want to advertise the location of a car with the keys in the boot to just anyone, incase they come and smash the window and take the car for a spin using the keys lolol.

sorted a locksmith to call out in the hr , i need the car ltr.thanks for the advise chaps ,,,much appreciated with all the usual fast replies all except the one that said " get a bus" , i gritted me teeth to reply to that one nicely !.

u not got a spare key mate? surely a 04 plate focus would come with more than just the one.....??

sorted a locksmith to call out in the hr , i need the car ltr.thanks for the advise chaps ,,,much appreciated with all the usual fast replies all except the one that said " get a bus" , i gritted me teeth to reply to that one nicely !.

That was me mate. I wasn't being sarcastic, just a funny reply to the way you worded your post.
Obviously offended you but when you eventually get your keys back from your boot don't forget to also pick up your sense of humour.

Chookey

If you aint got a spare ask the locksmith to cut you one. Cost you £6 for one without a chip to use in the ignition. Or £30 with the chip in it. Better to spend a bit more now, than be caught out again.

"That was me mate. I wasn't being sarcastic, just a funny reply to the way you worded your post.
Obviously offended you but when you eventually get your keys back from your boot don't forget to also pick up your sense of humour.

Chookey"

lol , but you know when someone just hits the button when you least need it ? ...well you got me right on the mark with that one :)

anyway ,keys are in hand at a cost of £50 cash.one cheeky t*at wanted £110 ,,,,,was a scouser so was fully expected !.

if it's a focus, you can use the car to program a new key. get a new key cut of the same type, then use the original key to program it - hey presto!

Guys ... tell me if this is true. I have been told it is but I strongly suspect it's not as I dont think the phone wouldnt carry the frequencies required ?? ...

'Lets say you lock your keys in the boot. You phone your OH as the spare key is at home. She/He puts the spare key against the receiver on the phone and pressed the button while you point your phone at the car. The car unlocks.'

Sounds most unlikely to me !

Guys ... tell me if this is true. I have been told it is but I strongly suspect it's not as I dont think the phone wouldnt carry the frequencies required ?? ...

'Lets say you lock your keys in the boot. You phone your OH as the spare key is at home. She/He puts the spare key against the receiver on the phone and pressed the button while you point your phone at the car. The car unlocks.'

Sounds most unlikely to me !

I think that is an urban myth m8 but worth trying out.

Is it a hatch back?
If so the little gap at the top of the boot you can see the rubber pipe carrying the wires? If so then cut the rubber and try to find the orange wire..

pull the wire as far out of the gap as possible and with a sharp prong and a 12v battery pierce the wire and earth the other side of the battery out and it will pop the lock :)

How do I know because the nice man very nice man showed me how when my lad did the same to my ford :)

Back