Car Insurance Questions

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

just a quick question

can a person use their NCD on 2 different policies at the same time?

on different cars?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hey all

just a quick question

on different cars?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I dont think that would be allowed m8. but i stand to be corrected

Sorry MFCGAVMFC can't help with your query....

but I've got a question about car insurance myself and seeing as this thread is already open I thought no point in starting a new. My question might be really dumb so I'm prepared o be flamed but here goes...

When you declare your annual mileage, your premium goes up as you declare more (fairly obviously) but how do insurers check you mileage? Say I said I do 10000 miles a year but then ended up doing 15000 miles. What would happen.

My dad told me off for declaring 5000 extra miles from last year as I expected my miles to go legitimately. Naturally my premium went up. My dad said I shouldn't have told them.

I asked a colleague at work and he didn't know either.

Be nice, :Cheers:

Sorry MFCGAVMFC can't help with your query....

but I've got a question about car insurance myself and seeing as this thread is already open I thought no point in starting a new. My question might be really dumb so I'm prepared o be flamed but here goes...

When you declare your annual mileage, your premium goes up as you declare more (fairly obviously) but how do insurers check you mileage? Say I said I do 10000 miles a year but then ended up doing 15000 miles. What would happen.

My dad told me off for declaring 5000 extra miles from last year as I expected my miles to go legitimately. Naturally my premium went up. My dad said I shouldn't have told them.

I asked a colleague at work and he didn't know either.

Be nice, :Cheers:

Think this only matters if you were to have a crash or be involved in a incident, as then the insurance can check your annual mileage, to be honest it doesn't really make a difference, cause you never know how many miles you are going to do

i tell my insurance i do 3000 a year and do 11,000. they dont check. another thing about them..i wrote my car off and expected a wee bit more cause off full service historty but that doesnt come into it cause they say everyone should really be servicin there car any way

hi yal
tried that with my moto bike insurance but they said icould only use it one bike , cant see why i can only ride one at a time but they were having none of it git,s

regarding NCD - as the others have stated you are only allowed to use them on 1 car but you can mention that you have x number of years NCD when you take out a second policy (ensure you make it clear that they are used on another policy) - the insurer may give discount if u have NCD even though they are on another policy.

If you planning to be insured on more than one car and you ureself being main driver and will be driving both cars then why not look into traders policy...allows you to drive any car upto a certain value.

now about the mileage question, the insurer is only really bothered to check your milage if you are involved in an accident and it is really your fault - things like these gives the insure power to negotiate the payout as well as making ure claim null/void on teh grounds of lying to them. if you have declared annual milage to be 5k but you are doing 11k then they may be a bit fussy when they pay you out but if u declare 5k but end up doing say 7k or 8k...they will not be as fussy as you doing 11k as that is a lot more than what you declared.

and if you are wondering how they check or work out the mileage, they use the MOT cetificate as that has the correct mileage at time of getting ure MOT - its easy for them to work out average mileage per month - working backwards

hey all

just a quick question

on different cars?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

try one quote direct, i saved loads with them as i was with esure before for years.

Back