Car advice needed..

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've got a 52 plate Vauxhall Zafira and the thing is due it's MOT, everything is fine except the front and rear window washers aren't pumping out any water, the pump seems to be ok as i can hear it pumping when i activate the switch - but no water comes out, obviously I've made sure that the reservoir is full of water :)

So it would appear to me that i have a blockage somewhere - most likely in the pump as no water is leaving it - how can a pump get blocked when all it does is pump clean water?! :err:

What i need to know is how do i get access to the fecking pump and reservoir, it's looking like a fairly big job for me (complete n00b with cars), from what i can see I'll need to remove the front bumper and then remove the wheel arch lining, surely there's got to be an easier way to do this?

You can probs get it by just removing the wheel arch liner mate.

Cheers mate :)

I read that and went out into the rain and got covered in mud trying to find the screws holding the wheel arch liner, after busting a knuckle i made a gap large enough to access the pump, i removed the pump and a little white thing that looked like some sort of filter, I blew into one of the holes on the filter and it was totally blocked, i kept blowing until i was about to faint then it gave way and the air moved a lot more freely, i did the same with the other side and replaced it all, now my washers are working fantastic :)

Many thanks mate, that was worrying me. :)

Have some Rep :)

Back