Capello names his final 23-man squad for South Africa

I'm not shocked Walcott got dropped, after all he said this time round he wants to be included cos he deserved it not cos of reputation.
When he has the ball he has no clue what he's going to do with it, I had feeling he might get dropped when Rooney stopped getting annoyed with him for wasting possession.

Heskey and SWP getting picked is a load of hyprocrisy, they hardly featured for their teams in the 2nd half of season. Heskey has to be the worst striker at this world cup. Call me old fashioned but arent strikers meant to actually score once in a while.

Warnock (same would apply to Baines) getting picked just shows how sh1te England's defensive cover is.

Last edited:
Heskey and SWP getting picked is a load of hyprocrisy,

Hypocrisy? You've lost me there. You may not see the merit of Heskey( although Rooney, Owen and most other goalscorers he's played with do), and you may not agree with his inclusion in the squad, but hypocrisy?

Where do you get that from?

What do you want everyoen to close their eyes and play happy families

People will praise and criticize depending on how they feel each player has performed

De Jong is a break up midfielder and Ireland an attacking one so comparing the 2 is not possible. You wonder why Johnson got in Mancini had both in trainig on a daily basis hence is a better judge and SWP had a dissapointing season. He got in because Walcott never performed in the 2 warm ups. Personally i think both are very average players but i know who i'd rather have.

The team will always have our support play with some heart and the nation is behind them. If every player plays with the determination of Owen Hargreaves at the last World Cup we really could go far in this tournament.

All I am saying is that we should talk about the positives after the games and not concentrate on the negatives.
The England players also read these forums you know.
They will go out for the next match in a better frame of mind if they read.

Heskey created a load of space for Rooney, to score his 2 goals instead of.

Why is Heskey even in the side he did f*ck all and shouldn't even be in the squad.

Oh by the way all you so called football experts.
International football is a different game than EPL football.
It requires a lot of discipline, because if you give the ball away it sometimes takes a long time to get it back.

Darren Bent has scored a load of EPL goals and I believe that he should have had his chance.
Capello decided not.
Johnson has had 4 minutes of international experience and SWP has e few more caps and goals to his name.

I still think that we should have taken Johnson instead Upson.

Lol, I remember the flaying Ramsey got from the press prior to the 1966 World Cup. (yes I was around then)

It got even worse when he dropped Jimmy Greaves during the competition.

Ramsey didn't give a monkey's. Neither does Capello.

Oh by the way all you so called football experts.
International football is a different game than EPL football.
It requires a lot of discipline, because if you give the ball away it sometimes takes a long time to get it back.
The England players also read these forums you know

Coffee and a shower in the morning. Wake up lol. But since you mentioned it I have to say that's what I like about this forum, you're sometimes guaranteed a good laugh lol and that's one of the best ones I've heard yet the assertion that the England players read this forum....lol that's a stretch to say the least mate, why would they ? For what possible reason would they have to come on here in the first place let alone actually spend time on here to listen to us lot bitch moan and squabble amongst each other like little ten year olds in a school playground when they've got all that money and frankly much better things to be able to do....are you high bud ? Hell even I have better things to do most nights than come on here to listen to people bitch n moan and that's saying something lol. You might also say there's a reason the seats face them instead of you pmsl. Besides I think the England players will be too busy prepping for the next match to think about logging on to dw lol. Speaking of the England players aren't they in the air right now as we speak heading for South Africa....pretty sure I heard on sky sports news that they fly out this evening. Good luck to them, they'll need it.

....let alone actually spend time on here to listen to us lot bitch moan and squabble amongst each other like little ten year olds in a school playground

You seem to have a very low opinion of your fellow members.

Hell even I have better things to do most nights than come on here to listen to people bitch n moan and that's saying something lol.

Which begs the obvious question..........

Didn't say anything about tonight.....and not got a low opinion of fellow members, well 1 or 2 sure, but people do bitch n moan on here and I'm one of them sometimes. ;)

Hypocrisy? You've lost me there. You may not see the merit of Heskey( although Rooney, Owen and most other goalscorers he's played with do), and you may not agree with his inclusion in the squad, but hypocrisy?

Where do you get that from?

Capello stated that any players who do not play regularly for their clubs will not be included in the England squad, thus hyprocrisy especially in the case of Heskey.

People may appreciate Heskey, but it annoys me that a player is called a striker when he cant score to save his life and who hardly plays for his club, seemingly has his place in the England squad set in stone.

Coffee and a shower in the morning. Wake up lol. But since you mentioned it I have to say that's what I like about this forum, you're sometimes guaranteed a good laugh lol and that's one of the best ones I've heard yet the assertion that the England players read this forum....lol that's a stretch to say the least mate, why would they ? For what possible reason would they have to come on here in the first place let alone actually spend time on here to listen to us lot bitch moan and squabble amongst each other like little ten year olds in a school playground when they've got all that money and frankly much better things to be able to do....are you high bud ? Hell even I have better things to do most nights than come on here to listen to people bitch n moan and that's saying something lol. You might also say there's a reason the seats face them instead of you pmsl. Besides I think the England players will be too busy prepping for the next match to think about logging on to dw lol. Speaking of the England players aren't they in the air right now as we speak heading for South Africa....pretty sure I heard on sky sports news that they fly out this evening. Good luck to them, they'll need it.

Ok clever clogs show me where I wrote that the England players read "this forum".
If you can I will not visit this forum until after the world cup.
Will you offer a forfeit if you can't?

I wrote that England players read these (meaning football related) forums, and if you don't think that they do you need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Next you will be saying that they don't read the papers either

Capello stated that any players who do not play regularly for their clubs will not be included in the England squad, thus hyprocrisy especially in the case of Heskey.

Sorry m8, that would not be included in a definition of hypocrisy.

Ok clever clogs show me where I wrote that the England players read "this forum".
If you can I will not visit this forum until after the world cup.
Will you offer a forfeit if you can't?

This forum these forums.....the point is still the same and I think it was implied regardless also as you can see I wasn't the only one to pick up on it either - you said something dumb but you make it worse when you try to defend it lol though it's no biggie m8 I say dumb things all the time just look up my Hiroshima comment lol wasn't thinking when I posted it haha but I made light of it and found it funny and yeah I'll see you after the world cup pmsl ;)

Glad to see Joe ole there, him and Crouch were (imho) Englands best players at last world cup, Cole is a really gifted player.

I would have taken Parker before Carrick (nothing to do with him being a Manc player), I am sure a lot of Manc supporters also agree BUT now Carrick has been chosen, I hope if he gets the chance he takes it and performs well.

Warnock had a good season and it was a flip of the coin between him or Baines.

Heskey is there for Rooney, no other reason, if Capello thinks he will best suit Rooney then you got to give him the the chance, if it fails then Capello takes the blame, he is the manager, just have a bit of faith....cross your fingers aswell...:proud:

This forum these forums.....the point is still the same and I think it was implied regardless also as you can see I wasn't the only one to pick up on it either - you said something dumb but you make it worse when you try to defend it lol though it's no biggie m8 I say dumb things all the time just look up my Hiroshima comment lol wasn't thinking when I posted it haha but I made light of it and found it funny and yeah I'll see you after the world cup pmsl ;)

OK here is a little English lesson for you..........
The word "this" refers to a specific item, as in "DW forum".
The word "these" refers to a collection of items as in " forums that discuss the England team".

Obviously it is ridiculous to believe that the England squad log on to DW to check the forums.
Although I know that Rooney has got a dodgy box.

I've heard yet the assertion that the England players read this forum....lol that's a stretch to say the least mate, why would they ? For what possible reason would they have to come on here in the first place

i've heard carragher has a eurovox and gerrard was tryin to jtag his samsung 2100!

OK here is a little English lesson for you..........
The word "this" refers to a specific item, as in "DW forum".
The word "these" refers to a collection of items as in " forums that discuss the England team".

Obviously it is ridiculous to believe that the England squad log on to DW to check the forums.
Although I know that Rooney has got a dodgy box.

Yes but you said these forums when on a specific forum (this one) - so clearly when you say these forums you naturally include this one....it is basic English m8....so you're not sticking to your end of the deal already then ? :p

Plus I highly doubt any major footballers actually come on to forums full stop, would you if you had all that money and status ? I wouldn't I'd be out in the real world enjoying the good life when I wasn't in training or playing a match.

i agree your trying to cover your tracks slightly as your post did come across as this forum aswell,

reading back it clearly looks like your inc this forum. read back, disagreements in "this" thread followed by your comment, it does look like what you said you said because of posts in "this"thread.

you may not have wanted it to come across the way it did, god knows ive posted shit in the past that others read as they saw fit even though it wasnt typed that way by me at my end.

thing is your not doing any favours by then going on the defensive and tying to make others look the fool.

just admit or say it wasnt typed the way it comes across, giving english lessons to defend your post isnt the way to go as he's not the only one who took your post for what it actually says, i did too.

Back