cant remove old sporster plzzz help

tonycrow

Inactive User
Reaction score
i trying to help a freind and hes stuck we cannot remove his wat seems a corupted sporster imasge so i can transfer a new image on doesant 1 now how to remove this file as its not letting him via fxp

You wont be able to remove the file via flashfxp.... the image is corrupted and has become locked; you cannot do anything with an FTP browser. Your ONLY option is to reflash a new image via IFA (Image Flashing Assistant), which will clearly ALL of your existing image and write a fresh new one to the box.

Liam

liamcrayden said:
You wont be able to remove the file via flashfxp.... the image is corrupted and has become locked; you cannot do anything with an FTP browser. Your ONLY option is to reflash a new image via IFA (Image Flashing Assistant), which will clearly ALL of your existing image and write a fresh new one to the box.

Liam
Similar problem Liam. Cant ping dbox or connect with ftp browser Nokia Box Latest sporster img. Frightened to use ifa to reflash image in case i get into same trouble and get stuck with no img on box. At moment everything working ok on Tv side. If I loose services file and cant connect with ftp browser I will be "cream crackered" Any suggestions or "assurances" please

Check the IP address of your DBOX via the on-screen menus...
and then check the IP address of your PC.

They should be very similar (but not the same!!!)
Also the subnet mask must be IDENTICAL.
.. and you also need to disable your internet connection whilst you are FTP'ing to the box, otherwise it wont connect.

Liam

Thanks Liam
Had everything running until today Been messing about trying to connect tp sporter.com from dbox. Was able to ping pc etc but not sporster .com . Tried ethernet card bridging no joy. Reverted to original settings on pc and DBox then couldnt connect although connection icon staes "connected" ip addresses etc all ok done a system restore on pc in case it was that end no joy Two ethernet cards so no problem with that

Back