Can't play any burnt XDG3 games.

Skynhead

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got 2 DVD burners which are compatible with the BurnerMax payload tool, any time I burn a XGD3 game I have trouble getting the xbox to even recognise the disc as a game, it usually says that it is a mixed media disc but on the odd occaision that it does boot the game will play for x amount of time then I'll either get 1 of 2 errors which are 'Can not authorise disc' or 'Disc dirty'. I'm using Singapore Verbatims and I'm burning at 4x which has worked for me for years. I don't have any problems with any other games, only xdg3 games give me this trouble.

try this m8

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Spud. I just tried that but it does exactly the same thing.

Hi, apparently liteon ihas dribes are still the best, even if you get the c versions, better settings to choose from and better scanning ability, are you running your discs threw kprobe or simular program ? If so what kind of results are you getting ?

I've got a rebadged Liteon iHas 124, it's the HP 1260i Revision C. I've Googled a few tutorials and followed various settings but they all end up the same. I've also got a Pioneer drive, it is also Max Payload compatible but the same thing happens, the discs burn ok but the 360 struggles to read them, then if it does read them I get kicked for either 'dirty disc' or 'unable to authorise disc'.

I've just ruined an entire 25 pack of Singapore verbs, now all I have left is Aones and some things called Mediatek.

Possibly a bad batch of disks?
May as well try an Aone disk as this is what I use and never had any problem although it has been using an ihas burner.

I would suggest cleaning the Xbox360 lens reader, if that doesn't work I would also suggest to re-allign the laser.
There is a little screw wich you can adjust, adjust this a little tiny bit right or left and you will see it will read the burned disc.
right = smaller beam reads mostly better, to the left = wider, it is a voltage adjustment coz by time the laser gets weaker... clockwise(to the right = more voltage.)

The 360 is brand new mate plus it reads all other discs - it's only the xdg3 games that are playing up. I have another 360 that's about 3 years old, same behaviour in that machine.

I've just ordered an iHas 124 B preflashed with Burnermax and another pack of verbs.

Hi, when it arrives you might have to play with your settings abit, it be good idea to startmusing kprobe mate really, it will scan the quality of your burn so if they arnt playing on your 360 and the burns are bad quality you can tinker with your settings abit until you get good burns,

Im impressed you can get away with using Aone disks for xgd3 games, have tried a few of the cheaper ones but after running through kprobe they aint much good, i use the ihas 124b, weird, have to use verbs and they are fine

Possibly a bad batch of disks?
May as well try an Aone disk as this is what I use and never had any problem although it has been using an ihas burner.

Im impressed you can get away with using Aone disks for xgd3 games, have tried a few of the cheaper ones but after running through kprobe they aint much good, i use the ihas 124b, weird, have to use verbs and they are fine

Don't think i've had one coaster with them yet. The normal white blanks one's are crap but the one's with labelling on them are the Aone's to get.
I had to make some changes to the burn settings but works perfectly everytime.

Don't think i've had one coaster with them yet. The normal white blanks one's are crap but the one's with labelling on them are the Aone's to get.
I had to make some changes to the burn settings but works perfectly everytime.

What are your settings for your Aones mate?

Well that is strange if it is brand new ! But of course it could always be the case that the laser is not 100%. blame china ! Of course if every original DVD is playing ok then it must be certainly something with the writing.
Do you have dvd's that were written in the past and that are working ok in yr new xbox ?

Yes mate. I can burn XDG2 and all previous waves no problem, I'm only having trouble with XDG3 games. I asked my neighbour to try them on his consoles and he said they won't boot on his either. I've borrowed an external USB drive which is compatible with the burnermax payload, but that gives me coasters as soon as it tries to burn the 2nd layer.

What are the chances of having 3 different packs of discs and all of them are bad? Not exactly bad as such but incompatible with xdg3 games. I opened an old packet of Aones that I found in a drawer and I tried burning Black Ops 2 at 6x speed with burnermax enabled and it worked, loaded up nice and fast on the 360 and hasn't given me any errors for over an hour of gameplay. :) I made a copy for my kid and his is booting and playing great aswell. So it looks like it was my discs all along, what are the chances!?

What are the chances of having 3 different packs of discs and all of them are bad? Not exactly bad as such but incompatible with xdg3 games. I opened an old packet of Aones that I found in a drawer and I tried burning Black Ops 2 at 6x speed with burnermax enabled and it worked, loaded up nice and fast on the 360 and hasn't given me any errors for over an hour of gameplay. :) I made a copy for my kid and his is booting and playing great aswell. So it looks like it was my discs all along, what are the chances!?

Glad you got it sorted Bruce.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I spoke too soon lol, Multiplayer is perfect but in campaign mode it all goes to shit on the 2nd mission, the intro FMV has no audio then it crashed out to a 'unable to authorise disc' error. This is crazy, 4 different sets of discs, 3 different xboxes, 3 burnermax drives and still I'm making coasters. Please let my iHas 124B arrive tomorrow. :)

Back