cant get my pc to go to portrait , help please

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried going to the setting and clicking portrait but it just goes to the side if I press just portrait or flipped .

thanx

That's what portrait is isn't it? The start bar would be on the side and the monitor should be turned on its side. Am I missing something.

If youve a decent graphics driver installed try using hotkeys to get the result your looking for; hold ctrl and alt together, then press an arrow key until the desired orientation is obtained.

thanx for the replys , it wont do anything what you suggested Tangobretta . rawsy when I had windows 7 I could change the orientation to what I wanted without having to put the the monitor on its side .

I would try making sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed, is this a dual screen set up?

no its not a dual screen set up.

thanx for the replys , it wont do anything what you suggested Tangobretta . rawsy when I had windows 7 I could change the orientation to what I wanted without having to put the the monitor on its side .

Do you mean with bars down the side or similar?

5898480fae17410779c654145f7b8371.jpg

That's what I thought the portrait and landscape settings are meant for. If you are after black bars wouldn't the resolution settings be the answer or does the monitor its self have options for what you are trying to achieve?

tried that unison , basically the screen goes as if its twisted a quarter way round and I cant make it go any more , so its lopped sided .

I am presuming that you have a monitor that can rotate ?

Any chance you can post a screen shot ?

I tried going to the setting and clicking portrait but it just goes to the side if I press just portrait or flipped .

thanx

what program are you trying to put in to portrait mode, telling us would help

Back