Can't access Xbox live nor can I access Xbox.com

M3NTAL

Banned
Reaction score
This will probably have sorted itself out before anyone reads this but I'll ask anyway.

Can someone please check to see if they can access xbox.com from their PC?

I can't sign into Live nor can I access Xbox.com on my PC.

Been like this for over an hour since I got home.

:err:

Maybe just down for servicing or something? Did you try the fix I suggested for the Xbox apps mental? Out of interest?

Same here mate, no live and no access to any xbox website, also cant access any virgin media pages apart from home page?? Weird!

Same problems here with both live and xbox.com
Also live messenger can't connect, I'm on Virgin cable and parts of thier site seems screwed too.

I think it's a Net problem. I'm finding lots of sites running very slow and some just aren't working at all.

I'm on Virgin too.

@ Jim, that problem I had the other day just seemed to sort itself out.

I woke up the next day and everything was working fine, fook knows WTF was going on. :)

WOOHOO!

I just got signed in. :)

Time to be everyone elses cannon fodder once more.

MW3 here I come. :)

Virgin are deffo having probs tonight. My lad was having bother logging onto his banking but other sites were ok. My bro inlaws tv cough cough stopped clearing i serve him and hes not showing connected hes on vm as well.

Seems to be a problem with virgin, getting various failures. Next door on ADSL is working OK

defiantly a VM problems i had the same last night probably there dns again and also probably something do with the updates over the next few week too, i couldnt sign into msn or view videos on any site it was like they took a massive cache of the internet you could browse pages but nothing else

nationwide failure

Cable broadband firm Virgin Media has said that services around the UK are now fully restored following a nationwide failure.

The firm apologised to users for Tuesday evening's blackout and said that the issue has now been fixed.

The problems come just days after Virgin announced that it would be turning up the speed dial on its broadband service.
Over the next 18 months, it plans to double most of its customers' speeds.

Twitter anger The blackout occurred at peak evening surfing time - 17:00 to 20:00 GMT - on Tuesday.

A spokesman for Virgin Media told the BBC that the problem was caused by a routing hardware fault, but did not say how many of its five million customers were affected.

"Our customers may have experienced some problems getting online yesterday evening. Our engineers quickly fixed the problem and service was restored by 8pm. We apologise for the inconvenience," he said.

Some customers who tried to contact Virgin Media via the phone found they could not get through because of the high volume of calls.
Angry customers turned to Twitter to vent their frustration.

One offered some advice: "Dear Virgin Media, have you tried turning it off and on again, kind regards, the whole of the UK."
A statement on the Virgin Media website offered similar advice to those still experiencing problems.
"If you have still not been able to reconnect - please try powering down your router for five minutes and then turn back on and this should re-establish your connection," it said.

Back