Cannot enter my own cfg file.....nor log in

ITS A SCAM !

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have recently aqquired a new Tm600 to use alongside my Dm500s. It came pre loaded with UR-SR software version 2.0.23 already flashed onto the box, and i can scan for channels etc without any problems....All the FTA channels are OK, and by using the blue button i have managed to download CCcam 2.1.3 from their server onto my Tm600 without any prroblems ( so the box is online ) However, i cannot ( or should i say it won't ) allow me to access the box so i can add my own cfg file to access my own server. Can anyone tell me exacly what software i should be using to get me inside my box ?? I am unable to log into the box using Start/Run/telnet 192.168.0.16 within windows...it seems as though the box has a password or something, as i cannot login anyway at all !! Can anyone tell me if there is a way around this ?? Or am i doing something wrong ??

Many Thanks & Happy Christmas to Everyone

I dont know if you could reflash it using dreamup and a serial lead.

I have got Universal Dream Up V1.3.3.4 on my pc, and i have just tried to connect with using a Null cable modem ( without any success ) and i have also tried to connect using the Network function.....But that also is not allowing me to flash, as its not recognising the box

I have just been contacted by the seller of this item, and he has confirmed to me that he has 2 images for this particular box, and sure to god.....one of them is password protected !! ( God Knows why he has ) And i hope he can provide me with the password so i can at least use over christmas...i will keep you informed....:Cheers:

the UR-SR software isnt meant for the public m8, you wont get into it, even following the instructions on how to break the password in the tutorial i created

when the UR-SR image is flashed, it accesses a different part of the blue panel server, without tuxbox commander, youre locked out for ftp and telnet access

you can add your own C lines via the miniweb though, this can be accessed by holding the power button while booting the receiver, then the 2 digits shown on the front display, enter into an internet browser in the format 192.168.1.XX

you can flash with any other image for your receiver, and then youll have access again as normal, but you will lose ALL of the SR image functionality

to flash with a null modem lead, use the linux loader, power off the receiver, press the up ^ button on the front and power on, turn your TV to the scart input, select serial update and press OK, then set the file transfering from your computer via the linux loader

you cant update via the miniweb, again due to the SR image being totally locked down

hope this helps m8

dd

Many thanks indeed for all that info...it makes very, very good reading.....I am a bit annoyed with this UR-SR firmware as it does restrict what i enjoy doing ( messing around with the boxes and learning along the way ) So i am after some impartial advice.....is this firmware any good ?? Or am i better off going for PLI jade 3 ? I have used a few different firmwares on my Dreambox, and i do prefer PLI jade the web-x feature works really well, and i can watch satellite Tv anywhere in the house on my laptop..So it suits my needs. If i go ahead and try to flash the tm600 with a new Image ( PLI jade ) using my null cable modem you state that i will need to use a linux loader. can you possible tell me which one i do use ?? The version i have does not show the provision for using null cable modem, and does want me to use the ip of the box, this i cannot understand that if i am using a null cable modem, why does the GUI not show this connection ? can anyone possibly provide me with alink that has the correct software that will work with my box ?? I do have the PLI jade image ready to load, Also is it possible to use any dreambox software for the tm600 ?? I would really be grateful if i can get some advice to help me get it sorted before the xmas holidays.....many thanks to you all....

the loader can be found here m8

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/208797/

original TM images can be found here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/214315/

UR (no UR-SR images hosted) can be found here, latest public image at the end of the thread

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/207321/

ported images from the gemini, DS, PLi teams can be found here

Satellite - Technomate (linux) Downloads - Digital World Cable Satellite Console Forum

but if you have a TM600 and use a ported image, it disables the RF output and the USB ports

flashing over the UR-SR image will give you full access to the receiver as normal to allow you to play around m8

dd

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lot of information...lol....I do want to use the RF output so we can watch football on our Big Tv....so PLi, Nabilosat and Gemini images are out of the question ?? You have provided a link for some non UR images....are they ang good ? And do they also provide a RF output ? Sorry about the million questions....still getting to grips with this new toy...: thanks :

the UR images are best suited for your needs m8, they give the full potential available for you to play with, as well as all the hardware working, and youll be able to access all the areas you should be able to for configs etc

Hello, I have followed your acvice and installed the latest UR image...This has replaced the password protected version i had previously...What is the best way of transfering my own cfg file to the Tm600 ?? I have tried DCC, but for some reason when i log in via telnet, i cannot see the directories within the Tm600 so i can replace the blank cfg file for my own....Once again you help is very much appreciated.........:Cheers:

Hello, I have followed your acvice and installed the latest UR image...This has replaced the password protected version i had previously...What is the best way of transfering my own cfg file to the Tm600 ?? I have tried DCC, but for some reason when i log in via telnet, i cannot see the directories within the Tm600 so i can replace the blank cfg file for my own....Once again you help is very much appreciated.........:Cheers:

I use a FTP program to drag the cfg file to my desk top then edit the cfg file with Notepad++ and then drag the configured cfg file back over and over-writing the old file SORTED!!!!:Cheers::Cheers::Cheers:

Notepad++ 5.6.3

Download Notepad++ 5.6.3 - FileHippo.com

FTP Programs (use your fav)

File Transfer Downloads - FileHippo.com

with DCC i believe it will not connect to the receiver properly as by default the receiver has no password, use dcc to change the password to one of your choice, then itll work fine m8, or you can use the miniweb as shown in one of the sticky posts at the top of this section

I have finally got it all running, with a lot of help from many people.....Wishing everyone a fantastic Christmas....and a brilliant new year !!! Once again to you all.....Thank you very much.....

Back