Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cannot access Sopcast service.

widgetsdaddy

Inactive User
A week ago today I had my broadband service upgraded from copper telephone wire to fibre optic cable. I've been with Virgin Media for 3 years and have always received excellent download speeds with the copper wire but, as VM are upgrading the whole area, I thought I'd go with the flow and now have even faster download speeds. I have always used Sopcast for streaming Premiership & European football games where available, again with excellent results. The problem is that since the installation I've been unable to get Sopcast. Whenever I attempt to log in I constantly receive the message, " Can not access sopcast service."

I've constantly trawled the web since, looking at forums & trying various options. Some suggest it's a software problem, so I've checked my firewall, the Virgin Superhub firewall, my antivirus etc., all to no avail. I've rebooted the superhub, uninstalled Sopcast & re-installed it, all in vain. I rang VM and allowed one of their technicians access to my laptop & his diagnosis was that it was a server problem & to be patient but as a week has passed without any success, I'm beginning to become very frustrated as I have never had a problem accessing when receiving the service via copper wire. Other people I know who use Sopcast have no problems with this. (They all live elsewhere & none are on VM). I have Windows 7, 32 bit and use VLC player as my media player. Any suggestions? Inspiration at an all-time low.

Last edited:
Back