Cancel a Mobile Contract!

Falkirk_Bairn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening all, I just got an upgrade with 3 mobile last monday ( Got the Sony W995 )

I was at the end of an 18 month contract and was on the phone for ages trying to get a decent deal. The indian guy told me the contract was for Internet Max, X amount of calls and texts for £35.50 which was only £2.50 less than a new customer would have to pay but after threatening to leave several times i reluctantly agreed because i wanted the phone and couldnt get it cheeper elsewhere!

Now, today i log on to My3 and find i Owe them £10 for internet usage. Turns out the guy only added Internet 10 which is only 10mb worth of data and only costs £2.50 per month so the upgrade that i got after 18 months of being a customer was exactly the same as a new customer would pay!

I phoned up to get them to upgrade it to the internet max but i have to wait another month till this takes effect. I dont fancy having to wait a month without using the internet on my nice new shiney phone and im very annoyed about my crappy upgrade deal.

As it was less than a week ago are there any regulations that say i can cancel the contract?

yes, because you were mis sold the item you have full rights to tell them to honour it or shove it. and you should not expect to be out of pocket in any way - ask your local trading standards office to sort it out for you. their service if free

im in the same boat with orange mate ive been with them 10years and they still want to charge me £114-£320 for a decent upgrade other than that they said they send 2 paper cups and some string neadless to say im off to 02.

Result. Just called and threatened to leave and they gave me the internet max for free and wiped the £10 i owe.

Back