can yous suggest something else to do in the internet instead of youtube and digitalworldz.uk?

joeblaze

DW Regular
Reaction score
to be honest i dont like reading, the info doesnt stay in there, not the info i want to stay there anyway

to be honest i dont like reading, the info doesnt stay in there, not the info i want to stay there anyway

I've never liked reading fiction.

I read plenty of technical stuff in my job.

There is plenty of interesting stuff on YouTube, depends on what your interests are. I like mechanical engineering videos, electronics and vintage computer stuff.

Maybe you just haven't found the right channels?

i dont really like going on social media. i used to use twitter a lot, but then i realised i was just being an arsehole for no reason lol. i said something that could have had real world conseqences. i banned myself for a long time after that and when i started i just followed the news. am fed up having the same internet debates long ago. lol and ive yet to ever see anyone change their opinion.

so i dont really have a clue. isnt the internet only useful if you want to know something? i mean using like this not streaming

i do like all this computer kind of technology kind of thing, probably aiming too high at the start it frustrates the hell out of me.

i do like all this computer kind of technology kind of thing, probably aiming too high at the start it frustrates the hell out of me.

I've been putting off ~4 installations from scratch for months. New HDDs lying around and all sorts :). Hate having to do it...

Have you had a look at any of the vintage computer stuff on YT? Some good channels review old machines, consoles, games etc. Quite interesting and you learn where today's computers came from.

i know what am gonna start right now. that wii thing. but am already trying to fk up my omv all day lol. so ill take that wii challenge on. ive watched the video a few times, what put me off is not having a game cube controller the wii controler looks like too much effort for me lol. ive never used the wii

i am going to be looking at this screen a lot over the next few months so if i could pick up a few useful things it be good

setting her up now am gonna be awake for a few days anyway

Last edited:
if you look now am commenting all over the show on here, nothing else to do lol except now get this wii going, i did manage the psp thing. i forgot i have to do updte some of the shit on me mates firestick ffs, you have no idea how often i do this i heard a guy was taken 20 quid off people because the arsehole didnt disable the update notification on the build. all they had to do was hit cancel and everything still worked. everyone i know who was paying i said fk it bring it and most bring more than one, i used to give my sons a couple of quid per box rather than them get stroked

if you look now am commenting all over the show on here, nothing else to do lol except now get this wii going, i did manage the psp thing. i forgot i have to do updte some of the shit on me mates firestick ffs, you have no idea how often i do this i heard a guy was taken 20 quid off people because the arsehole didnt disable the update notification on the build. all they had to do was hit cancel and everything still worked. everyone i know who was paying i said fk it bring it and most bring more than one, i used to give my sons a couple of quid per box rather than them get stroked

Taking your time is the key, making sure you read all the instructions and just progress through it.

Taking your time is the key, making sure you read all the instructions and just progress through it.

i learned very recently on this site, that i dont read shit clearly enough. and when i realised it explained a lot of what happened. i dont put much thought into my comments either lol

i learned very recently on this site, that i dont read shit clearly enough. and when i realised it explained a lot of what happened. i dont put much thought into my comments either lol

I design electronics things and you have to read everything fully :). Missing any detail always causes grief!

I design electronics things and you have to read everything fully :). Missing any detail always causes grief!
lol i cant even imagine the grieff because i have trouble with a raspberry pi. when my youngest left i quit working full time within weeks. i could earn enough to pay my way, the balance wasnt important. then something happen to a family member. i seemed obvious i had to be carer, can you imagine ffs but i felt kind of duty to be the carer because we dont have a lot of family here anymore and others werent in the position to do it, but i dont cook or clean or that stuff i just have to be there. have never cooked a meal in me life or done a load of laundry lol gonna get on with this wii i got it for free

the first attempt failed.i didnt have the message to open. only an 8gb sandisk card but ihave a 4gb i have to do the sd formatter overwrite thing again its going to take ages but my other cards are too big to beaucoup lol

Last edited:

do people come to you with a problem then you have to come up with something electronicy to solve it. do you make the components and stuff

do people come to you with a problem then you have to come up with something electronicy to solve it. do you make the components and stuff

Yes, we have project managers that ask for certain features or upgrades. The designs have to pass a lot of tests too, the final ones being done by an external company.

So it's constant problems and hopefully, problem solving :).

am not really good under pressure and deadlines like you probably have , am a constant checker have drove 20 miles to check a bed room door was closed. i refused to accept any kind of responsibility in work everything had to be checked i couldnt put keys through a letter box without sitting there for hours waiting for the owners to get home. i wasnt well but i had plenty of work on my own time

Joe, any interests/hobbies? I like history amongst other things.

my hobbies arent good for my health lol. but i like snooker, pool for a couple of pound nothing major but am a decent player and i really rub it in when am drinking the pint of strongbow they bought lol. too much time in the youth club in my early years

i would like to learn more about computery things but i need it explained like your explaining to a 5 year old lol

i cant seem to give 1 thing my whole attention so am thinking of about 4 or 5 different things and usually none of it works lol am gonna chill out with the posts

Yes mate, I was into snooker/pool when I was a bit younger, I actually became quite good until about the 3rd pint - I then went all to POT (pun intended).

Try this for something to do Side by side georeferenced maps viewer - Map images - National Library of Scotland
Zoom in to anywhere in the country, drag around holding down your left mouse button, you can also change the map with the drop down box - top left.
You'll be amazed at what was in and around your area 100 plus years ago.

Forgot to add, then and now is where your mouse pointer is on each map.

am not really good under pressure and deadlines like you probably have , am a constant checker have drove 20 miles to check a bed room door was closed. i refused to accept any kind of responsibility in work everything had to be checked i couldnt put keys through a letter box without sitting there for hours waiting for the owners to get home. i wasnt well but i had plenty of work on my own time

We have a review process where someone else looks at your work :).

Back