Can you rename the .nds files before putting them on the r4 ?

rickets

Inactive User
Reaction score
can I rename the files without causing any problems ?

Can I use spaces if so ?

Will the actual file name come up on the menu or will it know the actual game title ?

Havent got a DS to test it with but and preparing the SD cards with the games.

Cheers

Yes you can rename the nds file, it will pick up the game name you give it in the menu then when you select it. Its actual name:)

I see they've got over the jet lag and you're haveing a play lol

I just rename it and leave the .nds bit on the end.

This is a screenshot of my daughters card

Curly

r4screenshot.jpg

lol, what size card have you got there m8.

i know the games are small, but there does seem quite a few games too.

Cheers for that curly - I wont have access to a DS till Wed night, just preparing the nds files for the card in the meantime. Has she any particular favourites? My lot are 7,8,10 yrs old.

Does it save games to the sd card also and if so what sort of sizes are they. I have only copied these on my 1gb card and there is only 40 mb left.

Animal Crossing Wild World.nds
Big Brain Academy.nds
catz_2.nds
Clever Kids Pony World.nds
How Old Is your Brain.nds
mario kart ds.nds
New Super Mario Brothers.nds
Pippa Funnell 2 - Farm Adventures.nds
Sim City.nds
Star Fox Command.nds
The Simpsons Game.nds
The Sims 2 - Castaway.nds
Theme Park DS.nds
Trauma Center - Under The Knife.nds
Yoshi's Island.nds
Zelda - Phantom Hourglass.nds

Last edited:
The first time you run the game you are asked to create a save file on the R4's card.
It gives it the same filename as the game but .sav as file type.
The file is allways the same size so you need to leave a bit of room on the card when you put the games on it.

The size of games on mine at the moment range from 64Mb to 128 Mb.
That's why I recomend getting the 2Gb card.

My kids are 8 and 9 and love the 42 classic games and play darts against each other over wifi. If they get bored with a game, I have more on the lappy, so just swap them :)

A couple of the games I put on are more for me, when I get the chance to have a go lol

Curly

PMSL I was wondering about a few of them ...

The same size? Jeepers, I better delete half that lot then. I am only getting about 980 mb on the card after formatting it. Bah !

the listings here will tell you the size of the save files m8, if you have 90Mb left them thatll be more than enough for those few games

Ah blast!! Had just deleted them on all 4 cards and repackaged them !!! Cheers lads.

Back