Can someone enlighten me please?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ok so (and if Im not supposed to ask these questions please delete). I was investigating IPTV and streaming when I stumbled over a site which allows people to sell or share their IP type "sounds like sting, ring and thing" boxes with others. I thought Id investigate further and someone offered me a test with a rental price of £56 a month for a certain UK provider.

How are they achieving the replay of the channels - is it directly from their sli..box? So you would need a decent upload? Also suggesting £50 a month is a good price - that's almost the cost of the sub anyway?

Can someone please tell me what the devil is going on, even via PM if best?

Thanks

I do not know nothing about sharing providers.

But that is exactly what a slingbox does it will broadcast your services to you over the internet.

Allot of people for example that live in other countries who want to continue to watch there tv while abroad use the slingbox, it can control the whole lot. it is not just one channel :)

It will allow you to control your whole package from another PC or streaming device.

Yes it will need a decent connection probably at both ends but it is tested and proven to work with most ISP'S

They are very popular!

Mick

Late reply but just in case anyone else is interested...

Slingboxes can only host a single connection and so it is highly unlikely this is how this is being done.

Back