iPhone can i unjailbreak?

daimcl

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys first things first a cracking site with lots of good stuff to read up on. anyway i was just woundering if i can unjailbreak my iphone 3gs? as its on 5.1 firmware and has 6.15 band on it to unlock it but the problem ive got is as you all know that its a tethered jailbreak. i want to just put it back to normal ie locked to network so i can just start it up without worrying about being near a pc.

ive tried that but once its restored the phone wont get past the activate stage and after a bit of reading up it seems that because the phone is on 6.15 bandware that is the problem. unless anyone knows of a way to get around the activation set up?

only way to activate the phone is using a sim card for the network the phone was originally locked to.
but here is your problem.....the 6.15. ipad baseband.
first you should never update or restore with stock firnware if you have the ipad baseband, it corrupts the baseband so you will be left stuck with "searching" and will most probably fook the activiation up for the original sim, even if you could get past the activaiton with and original sim you would get no network. you may also notice you dont get a "no sim card" banner when you remove the sim.
you should only use custom firmware to restore / update and preserve the baseband when you have 6.15.00....

you will need to reflash the ipad baseband and activate it with a sim for the network it was locked to.

Last edited:
this isnt possible on 6.15.0 at the moment i believe ?

not had the need to do it myself yet but i think its possible: Unlock iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1 Baseband 5.16.05 [Guide]
you should beable to use supported versions of redsn0w to if all you want to do is flash the baseband.

but bare in mind sn0wbreeze will jailbrake it again so you would have to perform a "erase all content and settings" from the reset menu on the phone to clear the jailbreak.
then you will still need the original network sim to activate it.

Last edited:
Note: Before you continue there are couple of things which you should know, in some cases flashing iPad’s baseband 6.15.00 will break your GPS but thanks to iPhone-Dev team and iH8Sn0w this is issue has been resolved. You won’t be able to restore stock IPSW file once you flash iPad’s baseband.

does that mean i cant re-flash mine as im already on 6.15.00?

hey, from what i have read over the last few days of having a iphone on baseband 6.15.00 is your screwed until one of these clever people sort out a fix for the baseband issue, but you might be able to put your iso back to say 4.1 or whatever which will give you a untethered jailbreak which removes the problem of needing a pc to boot the phone, but you will always have to use a custom firmware and it will have to be jailbroke :( if im wrong put me right kryton :) but thats what i see from what i have read

hey, from what i have read over the last few days of having a iphone on baseband 6.15.00 is your screwed until one of these clever people sort out a fix for the baseband issue, but you might be able to put your iso back to say 4.1 or whatever which will give you a untethered jailbreak which removes the problem of needing a pc to boot the phone, but you will always have to use a custom firmware and it will have to be jailbroke :( if im wrong put me right kryton :) but thats what i see from what i have read

pretty much sums it up and pretty much what i said above.
except he will only beable to downgrade if he has the SHSH blobs saved for the version he wishes to downgrade too.

You won’t be able to restore stock IPSW file once you flash iPad’s baseband

this was mentioned in my above post, you have to flash with custom firmware to preserve the baseband using either redsn0w or sn0wbreeze if your on 06.15.00
if you flash with stock firmware you will corrupt the baseband resulting in "no service" and can even get itune errors.

does that mean i cant re-flash mine as im already on 6.15.00
you can reflash the 06.15.00 baseband over the top of it, infact its all you can do now you have restored with stock firmware.

Last edited:
hi again lol i don`t know a lot about this stuff but earlier on i connected it up to itunes and did a restore thinking i could get it back to basic,it all went through fine but when i came upt o the activation page it just kept failing so i jailbroke it again with redsn0w and got it working again. i wanted to sell this phone on ive not long upgraded but cant due to it being connected to a pc to reboot it all the time :(

ok this was suggested above, has the phone been jailbroke before on another IOS version?
have you got any SHSH blobs saved for earlier version like 5.0.1 so you can downgrade?
you can check if you have any SHSH blobs by opening cydia and on the home page at the top it will show if you have and what versions for.

at the top of cydia it says shsh: ios 4.1,5.1? but ive not got anything on my pc well i dont think so

excellent just foolowed that guild and now im back on 4.1. Can i up it back up to say 5.0.1 or should i just leave it as it is locked to orange

You can only goto 5.0.1 if you have the shsh blob which you haven't .
I would leave it as it is mate

Sorry, dim question I know, but....... if he now sells the phone and the buyer upgrades to latest firmware what will happen?

If the person who buys it upgrades with stock firmware then the baseband will be corrupted again.
Then it's back to square 1 again for who ever owns it.
Probably be best to tell the buyer they can only upgrade with custom firmware due to it having the iPad baseband

ive had a loads of intrest in this iphone via the selling ads on facebook and as soon as i mention about it cant be updated they all run mile :( local pawn broker offered me 80 for it today but i walked away

Well it can be updated, you just need to mention you can only do it with custom firmware

Back