can i flash ambit200 firmware bak to ambit from sigma

liamliam

Inactive User
Reaction score
can i flash ambit200 firmware bak to ambit from sigma
as i cant get sigma to save settings
thanks

Thanks I was looking to something to solve this problem and I couldnt do anything using that turorial cause when i plugin and go to hyperterminal I dont get this any more:

Enter '1', '2', or 'p' within 2 seconds or take default...

Last edited:
same here m8

i got the same problem m8
is ther a way of transfering the
downgrade image (image1.bin)
with the sigma firmware on
i cant c how to do it

you can try using sigma's firmware changer (on its menu via 192.168.100.1)

start the tftp server as per the tut with solarwinds , go onto sigma's menu and point it to the new firmware and see if that works?

ive not tried it and havent played with sigma so i dnt know if this is a valid method

dosent work

it dont work m8
any1 else with any ideas

s200rat said:

start the tftp server as per the tut with solarwinds , go onto sigma's menu and point it to the new firmware and see if that works?

ive not tried it and havent played with sigma so i dnt know if this is a valid method

I tried that too, used the TFTP Server with the IP 192.168.100.11 as it was shown on TFTP Server and it didnt work.

Cheers anyway

Ok guys,

I was playing with telnet and my ambit 200 and then I had a power cut, and now the RDY light just keep flashing and I get this in hyperteminal:

CatTel: Telnet socket bind() error-0049 socket-0006! Sleeping then retrying

any help?

AK__47 said:
Ok guys,

I was playing with telnet and my ambit 200 and then I had a power cut, and now the RDY light just keep flashing and I get this in hyperteminal:

CatTel: Telnet socket bind() error-0049 socket-0006! Sleeping then retrying

any help?

you can do
cd flash
init

if the sigma firmware updater does not work then the only way must be to JTAG back to the old software the same as if the firmware had been updated by the cc.

qwea said:
you can do
cd flash
init

ehm thanks for the replay, just tried those commands and i'm still getting the same error.

However I Fixed it :D :

I used these lines, may help someone out:

cd \
cd non vol
clear_device
yes
defaults
yes
yes
UpdateSettings
cd halif
annex_a
cm_tuner 14
cm_annex 3
UpdateSettings

Then a hard reboot.

Last edited:
liamliam said:
it dont work m8
any1 else with any ideas

My modem is fixed now, and i think there is a way to install the firmware or another firmware again.

Cause when i tried this:

s200rat said:

My TFTP Server was showing my IP 192.168.100.11, which is wrong, and the reason is i had a dynamic IP on, if u changed it to static then it shold work.

View attachment 17564

how do i turn dynamic ip of plz

im goin round da twist

liamliam said:
im goin round da twist

Control Panel (Classic View) -> Network Connections -> find the connection u want to turn off dynamic ip -> right click on it -> properties -> General tab -> Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -> Properties -> General tab.

Then you should see this window

View attachment 17775

Last edited:
on another forum som1 named boltar has managed to flash sigma x2 on to an ambit 200 u will need jtag to flash it (da sigma interface flasher is buggy i dont know) but those of u who has sigma on der ambits and dont hav jtag can restore da bootloader or whatever it is so dat in hyperterminal u can see da "press 1, 2, or p" sentence (more info in tutorial) and flash da sigma x2 firmware, though it is a high risk of bricking ur modem on doin da bootloader restore,i wont post da link just incase sombody posted it alredy.

Back