Can anyone explain this

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
A while a go i made a thread about a Duo Clone with tuner issues

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/285533/

Ive done a video to show you what its doing as i cant get my head round it,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope someone can figure out what this from the video cos im stumped

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Signals not locked m8, does the feed ( sat cable ) work and lock on another box ?

yep, works perfectly on another box, locks perfect

Try in tuner B and have that configured, and dis-configure tuner A to nothing

it did have one on, reason it was off was because i was trying some movement with the cable and connection, the signal doesnt even fluctuate like it did with the F connector off

That's not how you cabled up at the LNB end is it? :)

As said above I'd screw an f-connector onto it and see if that make a diff.

So it works and signal comes in on Tuner B? if so mate Tuner A is faulty!

That's not how you cabled up at the LNB end is it? :)

As said above I'd screw an f-connector onto it and see if that make a diff.

LOL no mate, but its worse with an F connector attached

Are you trying the same feed in tuner B and it works ok? If so tuner is faulty.
If its a different feed you have in B try it in A, maybe faulty cable/LNB port.

What has the person said whom you brought it from?

told me to post it back to them, hard work posting to china, but its not a problem, my old man doesnt or isnt interest in having a twin tuner so ill give it to him, saves me the hassle of returning the reciever

You have a fault in the cable if it's worse with the F-type connect or the F-type is not fitted correctly.

Cant have a fault as it works on another duo i have perfectly, both tuners

told me to post it back to them, hard work posting to china, but its not a problem, my old man doesnt or isnt interest in having a twin tuner so ill give it to him, saves me the hassle of returning the reciever

Post it back hahaha. Are they going to pay shipping cost because of there faulty item? anyway m8 if you was to post it back they'd probably say they haven't received it even though they might have. I would did deeper if I was you, and try and get some of your money back at least or a full working replacement for free as a good will gesture for the faulty item.

You could even say, it's pretty much like a vu solo, so a Solo costs such and such, any they might refund you the difference for the Duo. You have nothing to loss in this case.

Post it back hahaha. Are they going to pay shipping cost because of there faulty item? anyway m8 if you was to post it back they'd probably say they haven't received it even though they might have. I would did deeper if I was you, and try and get some of your money back at least or a full working replacement for free as a good will gesture for the faulty item.

You could even say, it's pretty much like a vu solo, so a Solo costs such and such, any they might refund you the difference for the Duo. You have nothing to loss in this case.

well i have come off quite lucky as i did order two more clones from the same company, now the receivers where delivered before the bank transfer cleared via paypal, for some reason the payment was refunded to me and i have no idea why, not heard nothing off them, so ive kind of got two duo clones for.... free :S so like you say ill just keep the faulty one and pass it off as a solo

Forget that then m8, that's justice, compensation for the inconvenience and a bit of luck for you. You follow it up now and try get a bit more money refunded or them to send out a new one, your chancing messing up your good karma :D

At least you can stick a HD internally inside your solo ;)

Your a bit of a lucky git though :p

i know mate, ive left the money in the account just incase though, was due a bit of luck.

i know mate, ive left the money in the account just incase though, was due a bit of luck.

You could always try a few other images see if that fixes it, but doubtful, on the other hand it's sort of working, so no need to chance messing it up.

Back