Can an H11S record to a NAS Drive?

Pebbleridge

New Member +
Reaction score
I've just Ordered a H11S and it's due to be delivered on Monday.
I know it's not got a Hard Drive built in it, but instead of using a USB drive I wondered if I could save recording to my NAS Drive?

It's coming on Monday with whatever is "standard" but my plan is to install openvix-6.2.006.

Not all that familiar with openvix but it can not be to dissimilar from other images.

You should be able to mount the drive from the network browser.

Menu-Setup-System-Network-Mount Setup-Network Browser. That should find the NAS if it does click on the nas drive and follow the wizard through.

Many thanks for your advice, I'll follow your advice and let you know how I get on.

Sorry for the delay coming back to you, I'm afraid I'm not getting on too well with setting up my NAS, but I think it may be at the drive end.
I can see the drive and it's shared folders, but they have all got a red X next to them, I'm trying to look at my NAS to see if I need to change something.
By the way I haven't installed Openvix. It came with OpenATV and I haven't changed it.

Thanks for the video.
I believe I have done exactly the same, but when I go to change the recording path, there are no other options to select, just the original media/hdd/movie.
I'm not sure what I could have done wrong.

Does it report you have mounted the Nas ?

Try setting the mount to FStab mode.

If you still get a red cross highlight the mount then press okay then green to save. That should save the mount it actually sees.

Last edited:
I have managed to create a mount but cant work out how I enter it.

That video had the wife and I in stitches, have a look at the baking tray at 1.11

you can do a symbolic link to media/hdd/movie, so the NAS path is then linked to the movie folder

Back