Camelot has to withdraw scratchcard as its to complicated...give me strength

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Camelot has withdrawn a lottery scratchcard because some players couldn't understand the basic maths the game was based on.

The Cool Cash game was launched on Monday but was taken out of shops on Friday because players were unsure whether they had won.

To win a prize, users had to scratch off a window to reveal a lower temperature than the one displayed on each card, which was usually below freezing.

But dozens of players who could not understand how, for example, -4 was higher than -5, filed complaints with Camelot.

Tina Farrell, 23, from Manchester, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards.

She told the Manchester Evening News: "On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8.

"The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

"I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.

"I think Camelot are giving people the wrong impression - the card doesn't say to look for a colder or warmer temperature, it says to look for a higher or lower number.

"Six is a lower number than 8. Imagine how many people have been misled."

A Camelot spokeswoman said the game had now been withdrawn.

"The instructions for playing the Cool Cash scratchcard are clear - and are printed on each individual card and in the game procedures available at each retailer. However, because of the potential for player confusion we have decided to withdraw the game."

Source Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

What's this polar contradiction on about:

"Tina Farrell, 23, from Manchester, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards.

She told the Manchester Evening News: "On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8.

"The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

"I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.

" I think Camelot are giving people the wrong impression - the card doesn't say to look for a colder or warmer temperature, it says to look for a higher or lower number.

What's this polar contradiction on about:

"Tina Farrell, 23, from Manchester, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards.

" I think Camelot are giving people the wrong impression - the card doesn't say to look for a colder or warmer temperature, it says to look for a higher or lower number.

ask her how much money she would prefer put into her bank account.

-8 quid or -6 quid...

presumably she would prefer -8quid as its a higher number lol

Never underestimate the depths of human stupidity!

Either that, or our education system is getting even worse than recent figures suggest. :grayno:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
th.jpg

You couldn't make it up, could you?

Camelot has withdrawn a lottery scratchcard because some players couldn't understand the basic maths the game was based on.

The Cool Cash game was launched on Monday but was taken out of shops on Friday because players were unsure whether they had won.

To win a prize, users had to scratch off a window to reveal a lower temperature than the one displayed on each card, which was usually below freezing.

But dozens of players who could not understand how, for example, -4 was higher than -5, filed complaints with Camelot.

Tina Farrell, 23, from Manchester, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards.

"I think Camelot are giving people the wrong impression - the card doesn't say to look for a colder or warmer temperature, it says to look for a higher or lower number.

A Camelot spokeswoman said the game had now been withdrawn.

"The instructions for playing the Cool Cash scratchcard are clear - and are printed on each individual card and in the game procedures available at each retailer. However, because of the potential for player confusion we have decided to withdraw the game."

Source Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

After reading this again I can see how the mistake was made because if you go by Camelot's wording they did win, they didn't explain the winning rule's correctly which was a mistake on there part, and like somebody posted how many people threw away a winning card.

I bet some people did.

After reading this again I can see how the mistake was made because if you go by Camelot's wording they did win, they didn't explain the winning rule's correctly which was a mistake on there part, and like somebody posted how many people threw away a winning card.

I bet some people did

Win-win for Camelot then. Again!

This is the generation who will be looking after us in our old age, god help us all

now that's the true :)

My 3rd & 4th year French teacher put me off lotteries, raffles, in fact any sort of gambling.
He explained it thus: The more tickets you buy, the more chance you have of losing. Because, if you take it to the limit and buy all the tickets, you are guaranteed to lose, since the organiser is only doing it to make a profit.

Back