Calling all Coatbridge/Airdrie/Bellshill types....

Just look for the brightest lights on the horizon in that direction, you can't miss them.

Christmas card with £1 note included to the person that puts me out my misery.

Yes, I did say a real £1 note!

Audball says she'll make it a nice shiny £2 coin if anybody puts witchy out of his misery.

MONEY.gif

is it maybe hampden your looking at?

Not unless Hampden has moved quite a few miles and suddenly started leaving their lights on until midnight every night :)

tell you summit else, they have just built a big sports complex close to it. (next to the big asda)

What big ASDA?
Where are u talking about mate?

on the road from rutherglen to hampden, they have bui;lt a big asda and a big sports complex.

if you go right from the whirlies like you said, that road leads that way i think.....

There is a new golf course opened up in the Stewartfield area of East Kilbride behind the Kingsway Retail Park. From my direction that would appear further west. If only the roads were drivable, I'd be heading off out there to confirm it. :)

Yes, I am OBSESSED. :)

There is a new golf course opened up in the Stewartfield area of East Kilbride behind the Kingsway Retail Park. From my direction that would appear further west. If only the roads were drivable, I'd be heading off out there to confirm it. :)

Yes, I am OBSESSED. :)

there is no stopping you when you get the bit between your teeth, lol

need to send a search party and a Saint Bernard to dig him out if he's heading for Cathkin Braes in this weather.

it will probably be kingsway retail park

it will probably be kingsway retail park

It could be I suppose, but have they fitted new super bright lights?

Just behind the Kingsway there is a new golf centre. I'm wondering if it's that.

If you have a clear view to the south, go have a look, you can't miss these lights.

they are also working on a mountain bike course in Cathkin Braes country park for the 2014 Commonwealth Games

the big sports complex next to the asda is Toryglen but its just across the road from hampden

the new golf place in stewartfield is called Playsport, its 9 of the worlds best championship holes but also has football pitches etc so it coud be that mate i'm sure it only opend in the summer

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Oh the mystery still continues.. bit of scotsgate here :)

Witchy why don't you stop being a bawbag and go look and see what they are?? that would be simple no??

i'm positive thats playsport mate, infact i'm 100% sure

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Oh the mystery still continues.. bit of scotsgate here :)

Witchy why don't you stop being a bawbag and go look and see what they are?? that would be simple no??

Roads aren't drivable mate, it's miles away. :)

Last edited:
i'm positive thats playsport mate, infact i'm 100% sure

I'm thinking that too mate, but it doesn't add up in my head.

I'd have thought the lights would have been closer to the Whirlies than they appear to be.

BTW, when did you see them, because they are not on tonight.

It's got to be the golf place eh? It'll be the floodlights from the football pitches I can see, and it they only just opened in the summer then it all adds up.

Last edited:
i cant see them from here but just going by the pic you posted it is playsport, its quite far from the whirlies mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i had a look on the way back from the pub,
i can't see anything..
but then again im in nort motherwell, which is right at the bottom of the vallley

i cant see them from here but just going by the pic you posted it is playsport, its quite far from the whirlies mate

Aye it's a fair old jaunt, but they are immediately behind the Kingsway Retail Park, looking from here I imagined that the Playsport place would be behind the Kingsway (according to my line of sight). But I'm now beginning to that I'm looking at Stewartfield side on instead of head on.

If I were looking at it head on then the distance between the Whirlies and Playsport would be the same as the distance between the Whirlies and Kingsway. However, I may be looking at from a different angle than I first thought. I think I'm looking at it from a side on angle, this means that the distance from where I see the Whirlies to Playsport is much further as I'd need to travel my eyes down Stewartfield Way.

Time to dig out the maps again, lol.

i can't see anything..
but then again im in nort motherwell, which is right at the bottom of the vallley

They don't appear to be on tonight mate, I had a look. :)

i can't see anything..

north Motherwell?

wits the local now? since the eagle has been shut for a while

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back