Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 NTSC-U RF

Hey all, new here. Saw this thread and it looks like the best place to ask for ideas.

I acquired the Call.Of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.2.PROPER.RF.XBOX360-3r1c release, and burned it with imgburn. I can get the game up and running, but whenever I choose to start the campaign, I get a disc unreadable error. I have tried with and without activate.iso. I have gotten three of the spec ops missions to work fine, however. I also tried another release on the same newsgroup with the same problem.

Now I'm burning this the same way I have burned all the other games I have played on my 360. Just load the .dvd file into imgburn and burn it at 2.4x. If it is a wave3 or higher, I patch it with ppf-o-matic and the v14-15.ppf file.

Is there something else I can try? I've already preordered the game so if I am shit out of luck, it's not a big deal, I will just wait for the street date. It would be nice to be able to play through the story mode in the meantime, however. ;)

Thanks!

Hey all, new here. Saw this thread and it looks like the best place to ask for ideas.

I acquired the Call.Of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.2.PROPER.RF.XBOX360-3r1c release, and burned it with imgburn. I can get the game up and running, but whenever I choose to start the campaign, I get a disc unreadable error. I have tried with and without activate.iso. I have gotten three of the spec ops missions to work fine, however. I also tried another release on the same newsgroup with the same problem.

Now I'm burning this the same way I have burned all the other games I have played on my 360. Just load the .dvd file into imgburn and burn it at 2.4x. If it is a wave3 or higher, I patch it with ppf-o-matic and the v14-15.ppf file.

Is there something else I can try? I've already preordered the game so if I am shit out of luck, it's not a big deal, I will just wait for the street date. It would be nice to be able to play through the story mode in the meantime, however. ;)

Thanks!

this release doesnt need patched m8. as it says in the nfo. what kind of disks are you using. do you get this error with any other games. try cleaning your lens in your 360 drive.

welcome to digitalworldz

this release doesnt need patched m8. as it says in the nfo. what kind of disks are you using. do you get this error with any other games. try cleaning your lens in your 360 drive.

welcome to digitalworldz

Thanks for the welcome, first and foremost.

I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB. I haven't had this error with any other games. As soon as it happened the first few times, I threw my normal use harddrive back on to my xbox and played forza for a while no problems.

(I should have mentioned that I am using a spare harddrive with a throwaway profile when I play backups, with no network connection plugged in. That harddrive was recently formatted, if that could have anything to do with it.)

At first I thought perhaps it was a bad download or burn, so I redownloaded and reburnt it. It always gives me the errors in the same spots: Trying to start a campaign, trying to start a split screen multiplayer game, or trying to start the spec ops games except for the three that work perfectly. The download did not come with an SFV to check, so I'm thinking more than likely that the same thing is wrong with both releases I downloaded, like a chunk is missing or something. It is very odd.

I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB. I haven't had this error with any other games. As soon as it happened the first few times, I threw my normal use harddrive back on to my xbox and played forza for a while no problems.

(I should have mentioned that I am using a spare harddrive with a throwaway profile when I play backups, with no network connection plugged in. That harddrive was recently formatted, if that could have anything to do with it.)

At first I thought perhaps it was a bad download or burn, so I redownloaded and reburnt it. It always gives me the errors in the same spots: Trying to start a campaign, trying to start a split screen multiplayer game, or trying to start the spec ops games except for the three that work perfectly. The download did not come with an SFV to check, so I'm thinking more than likely that the same thing is wrong with both releases I downloaded, like a chunk is missing or something. It is very odd.

sounds odd m8- i just downloaded it and burned it straight onto disk,no patching or nothing and it works perfectly.

what drives have you 2 got?

sounds odd m8- i just downloaded it and burned it straight onto disk,no patching or nothing and it works perfectly.

Was yours Call.Of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.2.PROPER.RF.XBOX360-3r1c or something different?

Slyboy: My DVD burner is Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A and it worked fine on Borderlands just a week or so ago. I forget what type of drive is in my Xbox, and I don't have the tools I need to take it apart anymore. There is a .jpg floating around that shows the difference in the trays between the samsung and the hitachi, and mine matches neither. It's been so long since I modded it (Fallout 3 leak) that I can't remember any of that. It MIGHT have been the BenQ drive. I can't remember for sure.

Last edited:
There is apparently a Retail rip being uploaded on MU and RS now. Its over at the xbox360iso forum. Some kid paid $600 for the 360 with the game, and has then ripped it, and uploaded. For those that want to grab it, then there it is. I still cant get the other one to boot, with or without the activate disk.

There is apparently a Retail rip being uploaded on MU and RS now. Its over at the xbox360iso forum. Some kid paid $600 for the 360 with the game, and has then ripped it, and uploaded. For those that want to grab it, then there it is. I still cant get the other one to boot, with or without the activate disk.

isnt this the one from a toyrus and then got fired for it, heard about this yesterday i thonk

isnt this the one from a toyrus and then got fired for it, heard about this yesterday i thonk

Haha that's pretty funny.

Is there a name I should look for to try this new rip? I want to make sure I am grabbing the new one.

Not sure mate, he think it was through ebay. Cannot confirm this though. Gonna try and grab it now, and run it, will let you know.

These are the retail files apparently.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
This is the only one with a video partition to inject too. Is that why my other ISO aint running?

Playing this now, need activate.iso though to boot it :) it is wicked :)

playing campain I think atm

This is the only one with a video partition to inject too. Is that why my other ISO aint running?

I grabbed a patch rar that includes DMI.bin, PFI.bin, SS.bin, and a ~250mb MW2.iso. I want to try patching my .iso and see if that works. I found where to plug in the DMI, PFI, and SS in abgx, but I don't know what to do with the MW2.iso that it comes with.

If I look in that ISO with winrar, it shows a system update folder and AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

Any idea what that is for?

Back