Call of Duty Elite (Rumor)

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
"Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to launch an online service called Call of Duty Elite this fall that will work with the next major edition of the game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game.

In a move industry executives describe as a first, Activision plans to charge a monthly subscription fee for the service, which will provide extra content that isn't offered on game discs sold in stores, including downloadable map packs that give players new "Call of Duty" levels to play.

Activision executives said they haven't yet figured out how much to charge for the service, but they expect the cost to be less than fees for comparable online-entertainment services, such as a $7.99-a-month Netflix Inc. movie subscription. Portions of the service will be free, including features inspired by Facebook Inc. that will let "Call of Duty" players meet for online gun battles with others who share various affiliations and interests."

Just to clarify, basic online play is said to remain free but the "elite" members will get extra content (much like PS+). early, stuff like map packs, skins etc and maybe more, dedicated servers? UK price will probably be more like £9.99. Add on top of that a game with a £50 rrp and XBL at £30 its gonna add up for the die hard COD fans.

link which shows the video of the elite service

Call of Duty Elite vid details features - Eurogamer Videos | Eurogamer.net

looks like im moving on to battlefield 3

Think I have to agree, BF3 for me if thats the case.

These companies are getting far to greedy.

they can stick there subscription fees where the sun don't shine! If the games were alot cheaper it wouldn't be so bad, they always want to milk the customers for as much as they can!

BF3 looks good from videos i've seen so i'll probably be going with this game too :)

Having looked at the vid then I think this may well be for the Clans out there and defo the hardcore of COD so for the average gamer, it may work out better and more enjoyable as you won't be getting shot as soon as you are spawned as it does happen on some games and can be frustrating as F***!

Time will tell....

Online passes, subscriptions, pay to unlock content already on disc, the industry is getting too greedy.

Battlefield for me too

Sent from my HTC Hero

Doesn't sound free to me mate

"So, you're probably wondering if Elite is free or if it will come with that rumored subscription fee. Activision says there will be some free features, but for the complete Elite experience you'll need to have a premium membership. How much will it cost? Activision isn't saying but claims it will be "less than any comparable online entertainment service." Included in your subscription will be all future downloadable map packs. Non-subscribers will have to pay the $15 or whatever the packs cost, but subscribers get them at no extra charge. "

lol i should think so paying a monthly fee for the elite pack for me is a no no as i am only a casual gamer .

Battlefield pisses all over COD it's a lot more tactical.

Have to agree about it being more tactical. And you get the vehicles and I like the fact that the buildings can be destroyed.

Dunno if its just me (probably is) but I think its harder to identify the enemy on BF so that's one gripe I have with the game.

Have to agree about it being more tactical. And you get the vehicles and I like the fact that the buildings can be destroyed.

Dunno if its just me (probably is) but I think its harder to identify the enemy on BF so that's one gripe I have with the game.

I have to agree but if your team mates play the game right, when they spot the enemy they should marking them with an orange triangle over the enemy soldiers head. I always do this it gets you points too if a team mate kills an enemy soldier you've spotted.

I have to agree but if your team mates play the game right, when they spot the enemy they should marking them with an orange triangle over the enemy soldiers head. I always do this it gets you points too if a team mate kills an enemy soldier you've spotted.

yep,the recon in your squad should be hitting the select button like no tomorrow spotting ripe targets.

So is that only recon that can do that by hitting select or can other types of soldier do that?

Glad its not just me..... Phew!!!

So is that only recon that can do that by hitting select or can other types of soldier do that?

Glad its not just me..... Phew!!!

I'm sure all types of soldier can do it mate

Back