Buying a sb5100 from the USA????

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im looking at a sb5100 on ebay and the seller says its a SB5100 no I OR E on sticker!, i need an I, so how else can i tell? Thanks

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Reaction score
M8 my sb5100e is doing me nut in hard :O i cant get the poxy thing to work i put sigma on put a mac on etc etc it aqquires a downstream signal then just t3 timeout in telnet over and over :Cheers: any ideas folks?

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok cheers, what about if from germany im looking at one from there aswell. Cheers

Console Master

Inactive User
Reaction score
b3nnyb0y said:
M8 my sb5100e is doing me nut in hard :O i cant get the poxy thing to work i put sigma on put a mac on etc etc it aqquires a downstream signal then just t3 timeout in telnet over and over :Cheers: any ideas folks?
its heavy going but this Cisco docment covers T3s http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/cable/cab_modm/ubcmerrs.htm
is an "E" the right version ?? where are you ??

L33tpL4y4 said:
ok cheers, what about if from germany im looking at one from there aswell. Cheers
probably an "E" but not all European cable internet is EuroDocSys eg Tw & half of NTL !!

Last edited:

name750

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have a look at what surfboard do i need in the sticky threads.
The sb5100 as far as i know is the same modem as a sb5100i.
The only difference is you will have to buy a 12v transformer for it.
The sb5100i has a transfomer that you can select the voltage.
If your excw then you will need any surfboard so long as it's got an e at the end.
I got sb5100e.
I think if i knew now what i didn't know then i would went staright for a sb4***e
Got one coming ,but i think it would have been a lot less hassle.
a transformer from maplins will cost about £7,add that to the cost and shipping and see of it's worth it?

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, ill get it any way and if its worng ill flog it on. Cheeeeeeers

TEST