burning games

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi, just downloaded gta liberty city and when i opened the file its got 23 parts, all named e-gtalcs 001-023, im quite new to all this only done a few but never seen these type of files before. can someone tell me what im supposed to do with them please? tried nero and alcohol but console says this disc cannot be played or something similar.

TIA
sean

Extract the files first with winrar before you burn

hi, just downloaded gta liberty city and when i opened the file its got 23 parts, all named e-gtalcs 001-023, im quite new to all this only done a few but never seen these type of files before. can someone tell me what im supposed to do with them please? tried nero and alcohol but console says this disc cannot be played or something similar.

TIA
sean

extract the first one using winrar to a seperate folder and it will automatically extract them all and u should be left with a file in the seperate folder that u burn as an iso and that should work

Do as Bro says but burn with Alcohol 120% as it will probably have protection on it. Alcohol allows you to select what protection it uses before burning. I.e. Safedisc etc etc.

Google the game + protection to find out what protection it uses?

Do as Bro says but burn with Alcohol 120% as it will probably have protection on it. Alcohol allows you to select what protection it uses before burning. I.e. Safedisc etc etc.

Google the game + protection to find out what protection it uses?

As far as I know PS2 games dont have any protection that you cannot just write through. I always rented games, and took them home and copied directly. No issues with protection, and this was with Nero.

:Cheers: Janobi. I never knew that?

I know a lot of PC games have protection and Alcohol is one of the best ways to get round it when it comes to burning. I just use Alcohol 120% for it's vitrual drives and mount images of games now. Much easier.

:Cheers: Janobi. I never knew that?

I know a lot of PC games have protection and Alcohol is one of the best ways to get round it when it comes to burning. I just use Alcohol 120% for it's vitrual drives and mount images of games now. Much easier.

Yeah PC games have safedisc and star protection I think.... But ps2 games dont. lol I think its because when $ony released them you couldnt get dvd burners, so they just never built protection into them.

Goto blockbusters and try it out. lol. I always used to get the newest releases there. Things may have changed now, but I shouldnt think so. But as said Alcohol is one of the best burning softwares around. Also padus discjuggler is another good one.

I alwayz use Alcohol 120% for copying games and I've never had a problem

Like was said before,just open with winrar and it will save as an iso file.Download dvd decrypter and just open the file on dvd decrypter pop in a good dvd, ritek is fine for ps2 and burn at X4 and it will be just fine.There is no problems at all with protection on ps2 unlike pc games so dont bother with that at all.

Back