CD & DVD Burning An Audio CD

stevedw

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I burned some mp3's to a CD-RW disc. but when i put it in my CD player the disc only plays sometimes, most of the time it just spins around for a few seconds and then doesnt play. My CD player says 'CD-R/RW Playback' so i know its compatible. What could be the reason for this?

Bad disk? Try in another dvd player.

DVD player? do you mean DVD burner. Ive only got 1 DVD burner so can't do that. Also this problem happens with other CD-RW discs that ive burned so it doesnt seem likely that its a bad disc problem.

It sounds like a bad disc to me as well .The others that didn't work were they from the same batch of discs ? Also you could try burning at a slower speed and see if that helps

Are you sure the file names / folder structure are compatible. Also are the tracks VBR or something weird that the player cannot cope with.

It sounds like a bad disc to me as well .The others that didn't work were they from the same batch of discs ? Also you could try burning at a slower speed and see if that helps

Yes, all the discs are from the same batch. I tried burning at a slower speed but it said the program has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Are you sure the file names / folder structure are compatible. Also are the tracks VBR or something weird that the player cannot cope with.

No, the tracks are in CDA format.

did u FINALIZE the disc some old stereo`s ll only play discs once finalized so they can read the forman leave a burned disc open to add to later but if u do then stero mite not play .. nero has a tab wen you burn asking you if you want to FINALIZE disc

did u FINALIZE the disc some old stereo`s ll only play discs once finalized so they can read the forman leave a burned disc open to add to later but if u do then stero mite not play .. nero has a tab wen you burn asking you if you want to FINALIZE disc

No I didn't finalize the disc. The CD plays occasionally but most of the time the CD Player can't read it. Finalizing would mean I can't write to the disc again wouldnt it?

yes some newer stereo`s can play mp3 format but if u make an audio cd using nero make sure u tick the box to finalize disc or ur player wont recognise it , i usually do full proper albums so no need to add to later even if ther is space left on disc .

discs need to be finalised on some mp3 cd players, otherwise many players wont play them. once you do it will no longer be cdrw,

Why have you used cd-rw? I've always found them harder to read.
Just use cd-r

discs need to be finalised on some mp3 cd players, otherwise many players wont play them. once you do it will no longer be cdrw,

I don't think that this is correct, a cd-rw will always be a cd-rw. finalizing the disc only stopy you from adding any more information to that disc then, i.e. no more tracks can be added to a music cd.
However if the cd-rw is put back in a pc, then it can be formatted again, and all new data written to it.

Back