CD & DVD burning a series on dvd question

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked many a time on here so thanks for the ppl who answer it.

ok downloaded the sopranos series off the web in xvid format which are 350mb each. I used AVi divx to converter to change the format to dvd. now i picked the "VOB" and converted 6 shows, took a while but did it in the end which each file being 710mb.
I opened up nero 7 and picked the option created dvd video, then clicked the link to add the 6 episodes then draged them over.
When i did that it said that i was over the limit of the dvd which i thought was odd but took two files off so there was only 3 episodes that would be burnt.

I clicked the next buttons made menu's and that all fine.
I then clicked burn now i don't know if this is normal when doing this. when it started a screen appeared in the right top corner with my episodes running in fast forward.
Then it said the whole process would take over 2 hours to do.
Just thought that is a bit long and that i missed somethink out done a error somewhere alone the line.
Or are these steps right and im just being silly in thinking it would burn it all in about 20 minutes???

Last edited:
Not exactly sure what you have done, but as you have nero 7, this is an easy way.
1. open nero vision
2. create dvd video
3. add downloaded files (divx, avi, etc) up to size of dvd
4. click on "more" then "create chapters automatically"
5.alter titles as to suit
6. next
7. burn to, either hdd or disc

This is how I do it with nero, other people use different programs which are just as good, but I find this easy to use, it is quiet a long process and could last several hours as it is necessary to convert the files to dvd format

Not exactly sure what you have done, but as you have nero 7, this is an easy way.
1. open nero vision
2. create dvd video
3. add downloaded files (divx, avi, etc) up to size of dvd
4. click on "more" then "create chapters automatically"
5.alter titles as to suit
6. next
7. burn to, either hdd or disc

This is how I do it with nero, other people use different programs which are just as good, but I find this easy to use, it is quiet a long process and could last several hours as it is necessary to convert the files to dvd format

yep i do it like that that the best way !!

SVCD2DVD is great for this. (I think I should get commission the number of times i've recommended this).

I made series DVD's of Peep Show using this and they turned out brilliant.

You add all the AVI's and assign them to a VTS, it tells you the finished DVD will be 12Gb. You press "Fit to Disk" and it ajusts the bitrate so that the finished DVD is 4.3Gb. Create a menu (very easy) and convert.

Usually takes around 1.5x the overall length of the video files. i.e. 6x30min eps = 4.5h to convert to DVD format.

I use winavi 7.7 for converting avi to vob in a batch of 4 episodes that should fit nicely on a dvd-r but if you need chapters and menus i would then put the vob's into TMPGEnc DVD Author for editing. gives great results and never had any coasters sinse.

Back