Built in freeview tv aerial help

teddydanson

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just purchased a Sony tv with built in freeview with HD. I'm on a different antenna than a few streets down and can't access all of the channels only 35 I think it is. My question being is I have an old connection for either sky or virgin media with which I can use for set top boxes. Is there anyway I can boost my aerial signal with either, or would a booster box for antenna do the job? I was thinking of buying a freeview box to see if I can get the other channels, but can't see it working any different to what I have on the tv now. It says when you set auto tune channels for antenna or cable?
Thanks fir any help on this
Kris.
And I'm in lacashire Granada signal

You could try a signal booster. Your going to need a fairly good signal to begin with though (line of sight with the transmitter would be the best)

The signal is fine for the channels that are listed in my postcode, but I'm missing about 15 channels fro
what they get a few streets away as theymust be on Bolton transmitter. I will try boosting my normal aerial. I was thinking of asking aerial installers if they can improve with a new aerial or even get me onto the other transmitter? I don't know how it works. I suppose I should ring and ask. Thanks for the reply

Back