Buffing problems on my mxq box

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my boys a mxq box for their room as we have one in the lounge so they can watch the footy,for some reason this started today on their box but not mine,got theirs hooked up to ethernet cable so no issues with signal but when watching live footy today it kept going back about a second which hurt your eyes when trying to watch it but never had the problem on my same box in the lounge,when i pressed the ok button it showed the buffering was going to about 2 seconds on mine so picture was nice and fluid but on my boys box it was 1 second so was hopping back every few seconds which made it a bit unwatchable... any ideas cuz even on wifi the box does the same :( every other channel is fine just the live footy

Got my boys a mxq box for their room as we have one in the lounge so they can watch the footy,for some reason this started today on their box but not mine,got theirs hooked up to ethernet cable so no issues with signal but when watching live footy today it kept going back about a second which hurt your eyes when trying to watch it but never had the problem on my same box in the lounge,when i pressed the ok button it showed the buffering was going to about 2 seconds on mine so picture was nice and fluid but on my boys box it was 1 second so was hopping back every few seconds which made it a bit unwatchable... any ideas cuz even on wifi the box does the same :( every other channel is fine just the live footy

Do you use a maintenance addon within Kodi preferably Raw maintenance. Would you say your lads use kodi on there box more than yours.

Havent used any maintenance add on with kodi and i would say ive used mine more as theyve only had it a couple of weeks where ive had mine just over a month,they just mentioned its only when using phoenix live sports it happens

The main issues that cause buffering are the add-on itself. Kodi cache settings. Internet speed. An accumulation of data within Kodi that needs to be cleaned out with a maintenance add-on. I would advise you install The Raw maintenance add-on on both machines and run it once a week. Without knowing your Kodi cache settings and knowing how much free ram you have it is difficult to give you an easy answer.

Have a read of this
HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Kodi

(UPDATE) Uninstalled 14.2 and installed new kodi,plonked animal build on and all is well :) Thanks for all the advice

This helps with buffering & cache full
Programs, Maintenance tool, System tweaks and Enable zero cache settings.
then back in maintenance tool, general maintenance and click clear cache, only need to do this once a week or when full.
System tweaks only do that once.

Back