Buckfast

Am nearly finished my second pint glass, so nearly halfway. Can feel my heart starting to beat faster and starting to feel a bit warm :)

My mate (it's always a mate isn't it) practically lives on the stuff.

He goes to Ireland about twice a year and he has told me that the Irish version is total wank.

He said it tasted like a horrible bitter red wine. The UK version is very sweet with a strong vanilla flavour. Nowadays when he gets the ferry over to Dun Laoghaire he takes his own stash. :)

I love it, but I'm diabetic and it rips the shit out of me these days, so I've not had a bottle for almost a year.

@ Evastar, best thing to do is get your mate to send you a bottle of the real stuff in the green bottle, that Irish version is not the same by a long shot.

Am nearly finished my second pint glass, so nearly halfway. Can feel my heart starting to beat faster and starting to feel a bit warm :)

It's a known fact that a half pint glass goes exactly into a 750ml bottle of vino three times.

A half pint glass is my preferred method of conveying bottle to gub.

I'm dead classy me.

I have never tasted it and I don't want to either.

In my heyday it was QC wine (actual QC sherry) and 6 tins of Tuborg Gold, total wipeout, the QC was fekkin awful, some of my m8s hated the taste but it was the in thing so the mixed in with coca cola, it still tasted vile and they had to drink double the amount. I guess thats why we are called thick paddys'.

In my heyday, I was up to 2 btls of boogy & 6 cans of Kestrel.

I wouldn't wash my boots with it now though.

It's best enjoyed sitting around a fire, talkin' p1sh, and scoffing cold cans of Heinz's Macaroni & Cheese.

2 bottles was my absolute limit and I'm guaranteed to throw most of it back up. I don't think it agrees with me as I'm sensitive to caffeine. 1 bottle keeps me awake all night, 2 bottles and I'm climbing the walls begging for mercy.

I LOVE IT.

Last edited:
feeling great now lol :)

will have to get a bottle of the proper stuff next time i go up north :)

It's a known fact that a half pint glass goes exactly into a 750ml bottle of vino three times.

A half pint glass is my preferred method of conveying bottle to gub.

I'm dead classy me.

You're almost as classy as Victoria Beckham.

What is this talk of pouring it into a glass?

U fecking SNOB!

;)

In my heyday it was QC wine (actual QC sherry) and 6 tins of Tuborg Gold, total wipeout, the QC was fekkin awful,

Been there, done that :)

Before we graduated on to Bucky, the following were usually part of the right of passage:

QC, 4 Crown, Old English Sherry(with the stagecoach) & (for the hard core) Lanliq.

Lanliq was very exotic, as it was bottled in Durban, South Africa.

On my 16th birthday, I tanned a bottle of Lanliq, chased two football teams playing in a local park, fell over a fence, puked all over myself and was discovered totally bladdered by my folks.

2 bottles was my absolute limit and I'm guaranteed to throw most of it back up.

Throwing it up is a given.
It all hinges on where the vile liquid is purged if you have a good night or not. :)

I've always fancied that Lanliq stuff, I've even Wiki'ed it a few times.

Anyone remember the El Dorado? :)

I always loved the name, very exotic, but it tasted like sour pish with an oxo cube broken into it.

Blew the nut off me though ;)

Can u still buy LD? (as we used to call it).

Not sure if you can get LD.

But that was even more gut rot that tonic.

@ Jaffa lol I should have cited that as my excuse :)

Every one now wondering what sour pish and oxo is like

classic

Last edited:
El Dorado, was that not an awful soap opera that only ran for one season? :err:

Yup, but it was also the runner up in the Buckfast league.

It was fucking horrible.

Not sure if you can get LD.

But that was even more gut rot that tonic.

@ Jaffa lol I should have cited that as my excuse :)

Every one now wondering what sour pish and oxo is like

classic

Yes you should have, witchy used to use that excuse all the time, even when he was ony drinking Strike cola, personally I would have banned his ass forever.

nah not really, he is a fekking leg end... l o l

what's a leg end, is it anything like a knob end? cos that wouldn't be a compliment over here! lmao ;)

Back