Buckfast

That sounds interesting, wild mushroom risotto made with buckfast :)

Might give that a go with the rest of the bottle if i can't manage to finish it ;)

Oh dear, look at this:

"Green bottle" Buckfast tonic wine, usually found in the United Kingdom
Red wine based aperitif.
Sodium Glycerophosphate, an emulsifier.
Dipotassium phosphate, a protein stabiliser
Caffeine[2] (37.5mg/100ml)
Disodium phosphate, a stabiliser and emulsifer.
Vanillin

"Brown bottle" Buckfast variant, typically from the Republic of Ireland
This variant is produced by Grant's distillers in Clonmel, presumably from concentrate. The taste is similar, but not the same, as "green bottle" tonic wine.

Red wine based aperitif
Sodium and Potassium glycerophosphate - both measured at 0.65% w/v.
Disodium phosphate, a stabiliser and emulsifer.
Caffeine (0.055mg/100ml).
Sulfite preservatives.

Totally different?

Last edited:
also you can use it to cook with, insteads of using your usual red wine to cook with substitute it with buckfast. trust me you will be amazed. its full of honey!

80% of people who drink this a ned knobheads lol

the other 20% are weird :grab:

thanks joe lol

ok to recreate the scottish experience i need 259 mg's of caffeine, would a few cans of red bull as a mixer do this? :)

thanks joe lol

ok to recreate the scottish experience i need 259 mg's of caffeine, would a few cans of red bull as a mixer do this? :)

only if you want to end up in A&E with heart palpitations.

buckfast tonic wine is already heavily laced with caffeine.

:( not the irish one, it only has 0.055 mg caffeine per hundred ml, the scottish one is 37.5 mg per 100 ml, that's why i'm improvising ;)

:( not the irish one, it only has 0.055 mg caffeine per hundred ml, the scottish one is 37.5 mg per 100 ml, that's why i'm improvising ;)

cut it with half a jar of nescafe then. it won't make it taste any worse than it does already :(

lmao i'm starting to regret saying i'd try this!

off down the shop to get the red bull ;)

Just pop some pro plus pills before you drink it.

Went to lidl, got some cans of an energy drink, it's got 70 mg of caffeine in each, so if i use that as a mixer 3 1/2 cans will bring it back to the scottish level. :)

Went to lidl, got some cans of an energy drink, it's got 70 mg of caffeine in each, so if i use that as a mixer 3 1/2 cans will bring it back to the scottish level. :)

Well i'll say good morning to you now, as your gonna be up for a while :)

Well what can i say, a bet is a bet lol

Can't start until around 9 pm though, have to collect my daughter later :(

I bought a can of energy drink today that has 30mg per 100ml.
It's a 485ml can. Not drunk it yet. :)

ps. it's called No Fear - Extreme Energy

Does it make you type faster lol

My daughter is home now, so i can start :)

Opened the bottle, not impressed with the sludgy brown colour, or the smell tbh it's a bit rank. It didn't taste very nice on it's own either, but poured about a quarter of the bottle into a pint glass with one of the 250 ml cans of energy drink and that tastes very sweet but is nice, i'd say you could drink it really quick! lol

Buckfast is superb :)

I'm not sure, but isn't the Irish version toned down a little?

Not as much alcohol or caffeine?

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING gets me the same rubber faced buzz like I can get with Bucky. It's got a terrible reputation but that's down to the clowns that can't handle it, the caffeine sets them off their nuts.

What's all this talk of mixing it? You bunch of poofs, get the neck cracked and get it tanned. :)

Mixing it with an energy drink, LMFAO, I wouldn't want to do that with the Scottish version, that's asking for a heart attack. :)

The irish version is totally toned down in terms of caffeine, that's why i'm having to improvise :) Only 0.55 mg of caffeine per 100 ml compared to 37.5 in the scottish. The alcohol is nearly the same 14.8% compared to 15%.

But mixing it with the energy drinks at 70 mg per can brings it back up to around the same level of caffeine again :)

My mate loves the stuff. It was his 31st not long ago and had one a bottle and a bottle of merrydown. He then went home and had a bottle in the fridge. So while on youtube se saw the young mob trying to tan a bottle.

So he thought he would try.

15 secs and it was down neck. He was then stuck to the floor for a day for 2 :)

Better get ur daughter to get the bucket ready soon cause later when ur legs wont work u wont make it to the lav to puke lol

dont say we didnt try and warn u

Back