bt vision

jaycee1

Inactive User
Reaction score
has anyone got one of these btvision boxes yet and are they any good, and is it worth the £60 installation and £30 connection, ive already tred saying i will install myself but they are adament about the 90 quid,

if these are the same as i read in which they are totall shite.

what does it actually do? provide certain films and tv programs through broadband??

yep as above post says,you get a freeview twintuner pvr (record while watch another)and you can either pay a monthly charge for things like a music channel or kids thing without a long term tie up,in other words dip in and out when you feel like it and you can also download a particular programme say a live Premier league match without having to sign up to a Sly Sports package and finally you are able to download programmes you have missed a reduced cost.

There doing a lot of advertising of it. You just download whatever you want to watch and watch it whenever you want.

buying the box is pointless unless you want the hardrive out of it, the box looks for a bt total broanband signal before allowing the free view and if you have not got vision enabled on your total broadband it still will not work as you need to have the billing set up to aloow ordering of pay content,also if you have total broadband you will have a homehub which is shite ,the box only works with homehub so if you have upgraded to a netgear or somethign you will have to put the homehub back.

believe it will work with any hub not just BT Hub according to forums elsewhere.

I want to know whether you can use an equivalent of a magic eye to save me re-routing me broadband wiring to get the box near the telly?

ok but the fact is that it will only work on total bt broadband and anyone who tells you different is fibbing at least as far as getting pay content down as the billing marker is linked to your total account .

yes thats true i work for the company in the wireless networking section and confirm this will only work on the total bt broadband service

believe it will work with any hub not just BT Hub according to forums elsewhere.

I want to know whether you can use an equivalent of a magic eye to save me re-routing me broadband wiring to get the box near the telly?

If they move the hub near the TV then they will make your pc wireless for you, you could just hold out a little while longer as they are on the verge of making the vision box wireless or there are rumours of them supplying Homeplugs.

Homeplug:- an extended access solution that allows your house to be completely networked with existing power lines. With no need for additional wiring, simply connect the Home Plug to an existing power socket, and it will transform your electrical power lines into a house-wide network infrastructure. It's the easy way to allow data and power to share the same power socket.

this is already available from maplins. Its a plug and true it does yours your pwoer lines as the network infrastructure. Obv the question arises about signal qual as the power line is VERY noisy but they have done it some how... great invention

Why does everyone keep going on about BT hub been rubbish Ive been with BT internet for 15yrs and have never had problems -

Im told BT will offer the box for FREE next year - is this true?

Why does everyone keep going on about BT hub been rubbish Ive been with BT internet for 15yrs and have never had problems -

Im told BT will offer the box for FREE next year - is this true?

last thing I heard was if your on the total broadband opt3 I think, box free and also believe if you order by 31/08/07 then installation also free.

Sly's got a problem

Back