BT home hub dsl hack

hatchet

Banned
Reaction score
I've added BT home hub dsl hack as an attatchment.

All info regarding the hack is on the scream, thanks to gingerbeard for the information and files aswell.

I've added BT home hub dsl hack as an attatchment.

All info regarding the hack is on the scream, thanks to gingerbeard for the information and files aswell.

hi m8

can you please explain exactly what this does?

does it get u free bt internet or something or make it faster?

please explain

BtHomeHubs are originally locked to Bt broadband customers only, using the above hack enables you to use the homehub for different ISP's.

is this the one that changes the firmware to that of a thompson speedtouch(this wont work with virgin cable)

or a differant one??

yeh, this is the Thomson speedtouch firmware, the same one that was originally used in the hack.

but doesnt the HH need firmware based on the revision of the board? For instance, some need BANT-Z firwmare etc. The new version of the HH needs a completely different firmware..

Dont think its specific to the revision of the board, when i did mine, there wasnt any mention of this,

it was all based to the revision of the firmware,

eg if your HH is using 6.2.6x firmware, then you should be able to downgrade it, then flash the thompson firmware.

I did mine a while ago, so not sure if its changed for the latest HH.
(Had a quick look around scream, and there wasnt any mention of this being specific to boards.)

Back