broken tv

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
i got my grandaughter a cello 15" lcd tv with built in dvd player a year ago. Yesterday she tripped over the wire sending the tv crashing to the floor i have turned it on and just get a white screen but the sound is still there the gaurantee has ran out is it worth getting it fixed or would it be cheaper to buy a new one.

a white screen shows that the backlights are working, but digital control to the screen itself to change the light colour is not, possible a loose ribbon cable

Hi
digi is prob right but and big but...
Dont do what spectre said as yet cos im sure i read that by european consumer law that it is still under warranty. Something like all white goods having a 2 year warranty which is the manufactures warranty. Im sure it was a stickie that brought this to my attention

I'm pretty sure that the warranty doesn't cover you for accidental damage regardless of it being 1 or 2 years. As Digidude said it's probably a loose cable or a cracked board. If the board is cracked it may be an idea to give the insurers a ring and see what they say.

Regards

Liam

thank you digi your a leg end took the back off the tv there was a ribbon type wire thing that was loose pushed it back in turned on tv and all working again thanks m8

Back