Broken Jaw WTF to eat ? Recipes/advice pls

XDbox2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok, as some of you may know from my driving test thread, I went out the night I passed to thank my friends who helped me pass. I ended up with a broken jaw at the end of the night, well its been about 3 weeks since it happened and I've lost 21lbs in weight. I'm absolutely FAMISHED !!!!!
Luckily its not wired together but I can only open my mouth just enough for a small spoon or a straw to fit into.
Doctor says I will be healing for the next 6 - 7 weeks, I dont wanna be an 8 Stone weakling by this time.

Im sick to the back teeth of eating curry sauce n rice, I'm dreaming about fish suppers and HUGE steaks.

I'm thinking of buying a blender and making up some smoothie type meals, sommit like yogurt n bannana or sommit, Im clueless about all this type of eating.

Any you guys had a broken jaw and can give some advice please ?
Or anyone have any good recipes that I can try that will keep me alive ? ;)

TIA

im not sure bout any recipys or any thing, but try and eat high fat things, so if i make a smootie use full fat milk and cream ect, that will give u extra calories, if u r willing to pay the money try these powders that help u put weight on, i no that they work and im sure u can get them from tesco ect, idk if i have helped at all.

A broken jaw would help me lose weight ;)

I'm off to the 24 hour McD's for a Big MAC :) :)

heyyyyyy
thats really mean, btw can u get me one to plz, im starving.

A broken jaw would help me lose weight ;)

I'm off to the 24 hour McD's for a Big MAC :) :)

Poor guys starving, you shouldnt tease him like that. How do you think he would feel if I told him I had a big fat sirlion with peppercorn sauce with chunky chips and corn on the cob for my tea last night, and a jam donut with custard for afters...lol. So please stop teasing him. :eater:

B@sta$$$ ;)

Gimme some serious replies before I die ;)

lol

Was out celebrating passing my test, mates daughter came to pick us up from a club, a bunch off eejits were giving her hassle while she waited ourtside on us. A fight started when we went to help her out, there was many more of them than us. = kick to the face and broken jaw + a week in monklands.

FFS :(

You're lucky to have escaped the Monklands, did you check to see if you have both kidneys?

Funny yyou should say that, the Docs came the night before and marked my jaw witha big ink marker to make sure they got the right side.

Nar man, they were probably just graffiti'ing on ye, they're mental up there.

Pasta dishes would help, if you can eat curry and rice you can eat pasta, go for the fresh stuff and not the dried stuff. Also creamed potatoes with gravy or pepper sauce, hotpot or stew made with mince, boiled eggs beat up in a cup with butter, any type of eggs actually. Lots of nice soups about. For smooties try strawberry and orange in the blender. White fish, it will break up nicely if steamed.

Still not as nice as a steak though...lol

Hmmmm "Winhall Young Team" doesnt sound like a medical term ehh ?

Have a big huge fry up and a spicy chicken pizza from the Mobeen :)

LOL It doesnt have the same appeal when blended.

Mibees get the GF to chew it for me 1st ;)

Thanks Jaffa for the link, weird how theres not a lot of information about such a common injury, Il take on board some of your suggestions, I've had scrambled eggs for the last 2 weeks now lol, hmmmm a chilli/cheese omelette sounds heavenly just now lol.

Arrrghhhhh mince n tatties, went to asda earlier got the smallest pasta twirls i could find, gonna try make up a tomato sauce to go with it, got 2 tins of chopped tomato and some tomato puree, gonna try make up a concoction for dinner tomorrow :)

hi m8 have soup it very good for those kind of injury its very filling and u can still maintain ur weight with it

omlette with lots of spices in and cut up ham and chicken put anything u really enjoy but make sure there tiny tiny pieces jelly cream icecream home made soups pasta with different sauces pot noodles

Back