offenders electronic tagging? advice please asap

adam

Inactive User
Reaction score
i'm in court tomorrow/today lunchtime and expecting a 6wk curfew and a years ban from pubs as discussed with the probation office. my problem is i opted for this as opposed to community service as it would leave me free to work (selfemployed) and deal with moving house and having our first baby (due 12th december) but after discussing this with my brother who is also involved he said that curfew would mean tagging. i dont know anything about this and info via google is a little scarce, if its a big obvious thing (the tag) then i would be immediately unemployable as there is no way i can go to a customers house looking like a criminal - there would be no trust. does anybody have any information on this that i could refer to so i can consider how to approach the court?

a little background info: i have aquired some driving offences but am otherwise clean.
the story (from my point of view): we had a big family knees up and drank plenty.it was time to call it a night so we got some kebabs and went to get taxis. on the way my little brother came across a hysterical girl - a couple of turkish lads were trying to bundle her friend into a taxi against her will (fcking kidnapping rapist cnuts) he stepped in, the girls ran away and they(the turks) were pissed off - they then started on all of us. i wish i could say i was a part of this but i wasnt, it was that big that even my girlfriend was involved but i was slaughtered and ignored the calls for my help, i carried on with my drunken mission- to get a cab whilst eating my kebab. some of the lads (which had by this time accumalated to a respectable gang) started pushing me and spitting/shouting etc but there was a rail dividing us. i concentrated on my kebab for aslong as i could but eventually it had to happen and a big fight errupted. unfortunately my particular move is considered very aggravating - i headbutted the bloke that was grabbing me.
so that brings us to court, i was charged with a public order offence (as was my brother and a helpful passer by) and we all pleaded guilty rather than go the whole hog.
well thats the whole story for those that need to know..

any advice welcome

why on earth plead guilty to that ? there would've been cctv around most prob. you were trying to mind your own business but for getting pushed, spat at, verbally abused and eventually grabbed, before you, fearing for your safety (and possibly your life) acted in self defense.

Anyway a tag is unnoticeable under a pair of jeans, its just a little transmitter which is strapped around your ankle which you cant remove. They will install a receiver in your house and set it to whatever your curfew eg. 7pm - 7am, so after 7pm the receiver will be constantly looking for the signal from your tag if it cant find it, it alerts the police. The distance you have is usually to your front door but they will show you your boundaries when they install it. So you will literally be a prisoner in your own home.

I work with a guy who currently wears a tag and he has no problems with it at all.

You were stupid to plead guilty.

never plead guilty mate looks like u just rolled over without a fight.

never give them bastards a yard.

now the tag i worked with a lad up and down the country everything was fine with work the only thing was we lad to make sure we were hme by seven

he now got it took off and nobody new he even had it only me him his mother and a few customers etc

you should be fine but dont break the 7 bells to be in as they do hammer down hard on that .

A guy at work had one for a while, as everyone else says, just like a big wrist watch strapped to your ankle! No one will know its there! If you hit it hard or tamper it beeps at you though! lol

The real question should be " Does anyone know how to hack the tagging device?" :)

Back