broadband routers?

FocuS

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all, anybaody got any good recomendations on broadband routers plz :) dont want to spend no more than 60 quid lol it is christmas
:)

thanx

flash :)

i can recommend the D-Link DSL-504 router with 4 port switch, easy to setup and use , dont know about the prices now had mine for over a year :) gr8 for having more than one pc sharing your broadband connection with the built in 4 port :)
hope that helps you, if you go to the D-Link site you'll see the specs.

Merrty Xmas and a gid 2004 to All :)

hi m8 i bought a st lab router off an ebay dealer for 30 quid and it works a treat it has 4 ports. Im sure he is still selling them. I also got next day delivery.

i will have a look at that hawk thanx :)

ian m8, i have one of those st labs but i have better tried to get it working i nearly through it in the bin at one stage lol.

are you running windows xp ?

no 98 m8 it sets up no probs ill have a look for the instructions later and give you the details its . You connect it to your computer net card then key in a url no and that takes you to a set up menu. Yopu then clone your mac address and me thinks thats it job done. as i say i will look them out l8r as she is nipping my head to go out shopping.

well tried it down stairs on another computer running win2000 but no joy just cant get in to the router via the browser all cables are ok all lights up ok, but im afraid no good. its getting closer to the bin lol
:)

Have you tried lowering the security settings in the browser and disabling any firewalls ?

hi spectre, i totally disabled the firewall but i didnt lower the security settings i didnt think that would have a major effect on it?

I have a Mentor, 4 port. Works fine. Was cheapest at computer fair at the time. Now ,Don't know?

i got the wrong one to start with did'nt support pipex's protcol (PPPoA)
took it back and got a linksys :)
never had a prob with it that was'nt my fault lol

same as monkeyspunks i've got a Linksys, (wireless) excellent bit of kit now i've sussed it lol

Back