BRICKED Sunray 800HD SE

Hi All.

Well having returned from work – where I spoke to an IT bloke and he suggested I do a hard reset of the router. I thought this was rather odd as I had done a reset as mentioned in a previous post. So I did a hard reset (total reset including reinstalling all the ISP information etc) and bugger me – A now talks to B and hey presto!

I used the Sunray flash up and installed ramiMAHER-v20-dm800se-9-25-2011.nfi and off we went. Although it works I have had the dreaded green screen a couple of times when I went to install a USB for the picons and EPG so I think there might be something amiss. Just to confirm I:

1/plugged mini USB lead into box.
2/inserted earthnet cable
3/started Sunray flash up
4/powered up box
5/inserted box IP address into web browser
6/got the flash up page on screen
7/selected ramiMAHER-v20-dm800se-9-25-2011.nfi
8/installed
9/disconnected and rebooted box.

Now as I mentioned I have had a few probs with it crashing and not wanting to play with the USB. I also can’t seem to find any utility to uninstall adons on this image? Not sure if its operator trouble or if there just isn’t one.
– Here’s the question though, should I have “flashed it” again or flashed it with something else (Boot loader) after I had finished or done something else/different?
I am hoping that I have installed it correctly as it is working (of sorts) but I am concerned that when I go off to work and the box poohs itself whilst I am away her in-doors will get on her hobby horse again.

I should say that without all the help and support I have received through this forum I would have purchased a rather elaborate door stop from China – so thanks to all for replying.

Regards.

Will you be using this mainly for viewing 28.2e?
If so i would suggest reflashing it with the latest DBUK image,followed immediately by the ssl84a bootloader,

this already has most of the things you would be looking for pre installed :)

Will you be using this mainly for viewing 28.2e?
If so i would suggest reflashing it with the latest DBUK image,followed immediately by the ssl84a bootloader,

this already has most of the things you would be looking for pre installed :)

Hi WIZ569
I’m currently stationed in the Middle East and so I can only get Hot Bird (13E), Nilesat (7W) and Arab Sat (26W). Needless to say, getting EPG’s and picons for the satellites I am receiving will be fun and games!

If it’s not too much trouble – any “where, what & hows” advice on these would be well received – rest assured I won’t be offended if it’s in “idiot” speak! Should I flash the box with ssl84a bootloader and then reinstall the image?

Thanks again all the assistance.
Regards.

Back