Brick

mastichick

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Im having a boiler change next week, the old boiler had the square sort of flue (much bigger) and the new condensing on has a round flue (smaller) so the installer has asked me to get about 4 bricks so they blend in with rest of bricks.

Trouble is he doesnt know what type/name of brick it is. House was made in late 60s is ex local authority anybody know type/name of brick used.

Regards

could be any one of many common bricks, depends on the facing type, best bet is to have a look at your local builders merchants, you may even have to get a reclaimed one, newer ones can be somewhat smaller.

I had this problem a few months back when I changed my boiler and it took me weeks and weeks of searching and research. What I basically found out is that my bricks are no longer made and the company that made them went out of business. The best I could then do was look for a similar brick so I went around lots of yards and brick suppliers and did lots of research online. I managed to find a close match and I'm glad I spent the time looking.

A lot of houses around here have plumped for normal red bricks which do not match and look awful so I'm glad I did my research.

I was told by one brick company to give the housebuilder a ring. Just as with the brick manufacturer the house builder no longer existed so that was fruitless. I even tried the NHBC but they had no records since the company was dissolved.

First place you might want to try is The Matching Brick Co. You can send them a photo and the dimensions of your brick and they will tell you what it is. They didn't help me though other than to tell me that the brick was no longer made. What I had to do was look at huwsgray and look for a similar brick. They will send you a sample for free which is basically a piece of cardboard with the fascias of about half a dozen bricks for you to compare.

Another company which was very helpful was Solent Brick and the place who gave me another free sample was BrickHunter ( Those are the bricks I found and they are very, very close ). Brick Hunter were very good and I'm almost sorry I didn't order through them. I ended up getting them from ebay as this was the cheapest.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for that, spent the last couple of days looking had a look at couple of websites inc rightbrick but no luck yet.

Got a few more days to sort it if not will end up with 4/5 non matching bricks.

Regards

Back