Brake pipes

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've gone and bought some Venhill carbon effect brake lines for the bike, I had some Hel one's on my old zx6 and remember they were a complete barsteward to bleed.

Any tips to help speed up the whole process ?

Before you go out and buy any fancy gadgets i would give it a go using the good old fashion method,pumping the brake lever and opening the bleed valve then closing it before you release the brake lever.
I have found it best to remove the calipers and keep the brake hoses in as straight a line as possible so as not to allow air to get traped in the curve of the brake line.
GOOD LUCK

All fitted and bled.

Had a light bulb moment though on the bleeding front.

I've got an old syring that I use for getting the old fluid out the resevour, I put a rubber pipe on end and put it on the bleed nipple of each calpier in turn.

Cracked it open and pulled the air through with it, solid brakes with in mins of fitting new lines :)

Now it's sitting in the shed all clean again with a tie wrap holding the front brake on to get rid of those last few bubbles :)

I had some Hel one's on my old zx6 and remember they were a complete barsteward to bleed.

HEL is my mates company, we used to work together. Is it a widely held view about them being difficult to bleed? I know he posts lots of videos on his website so perhaps he could post something about this if it is a widespread issue.

Just a thought.

Sounds good, I will let him know that peeps have been having problems. Do you want royalties if I tell him your solution?

;o)

Back