BP profits

Joe Noodles

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
BP profits have doubled and our prices have doubled
so it seems to me that their energy prices have not gone up for them but for us only :rolleyes:
These profits are to the clearest sign energy prices didn't need to be this high
BREAKING: Oil and gas giant BP has DOUBLED it’s annual profits to a RECORD £23,000,000,000 billion
:rolleyes:

This is disgusting but the gov won't do what needs to be done.

They should be taxing them 50% of the profits or more from the greedy gits and sending it to those have been paying these higher costs for gas and electricity and then also reducing the cap on how much we should pay at most. These energy companies are making way too much money.

They should be taxing them 50% of the profits or more from the greedy gits and sending it to those have been paying these higher costs for gas and electricity and then also reducing the cap on how much we should pay at most. These energy companies are making way too much money.
BP said its UK business, which accounts for less than 10% of its global profits, will pay $2.2bn in tax for 2022, including $700m due to the Energy Profits Levy.

Andrew Griffith, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, who the BBC spoke to for the government's position, said the windfall tax struck the "right balance" between helping families with the cost of living and securing the UK's energy supplies. He said its aim was to encourage re-investment of the sector's profits back into the economy

Nick Butler, previously a senior executive at BP and now a visiting professor at Kings College, who the BBC spoke to because of his industry experience, said oil and gas prices would not remain "exceptionally high" forever.

"This is a temporary situation. Oil and gas prices are going down and the windfall these companies are making won't last."

I might be wrong but as I understood it the tax on oil companies is 65% and now that is nearer 75% with the windfall tax imposed.

I do though believe they can offset this with investments in the UK

look this profits are obscene and I no way defend them but they are worldwide profits and we can only tax them on the element of profit made in the UK
its a cheap political point scoring issue on windfall taxes when profits are this high as Labour know even if they were in power they would be powerless to increase tax more as these are worldwide profits.

As I say I am not defending them and my bills are treble 2 years ago and I am outraged they make these profits, but I was replying to the point on taxing them more.

Makes no sense.

we have all this renewal power sources but prices are increasing.

Its a scam and no one is calling it out.

Makes no sense.

we have all this renewal power sources but prices are increasing.

Its a scam and no one is calling it out.
Lots of people I know believe it’s scam but it would make no difference calling it out as the government’s of Europe wouldn’t take one bit of notice and most are probably in bed with a big energy firms supplying our energy throughout Europe.
Remember the public are going to be paying for the pandemic for a long time, one way or another. 🙄

Back