Boys Try To Set Alight Girl Cancer Victim

My soloution would be an eye for an eye.

Grab the parents tie them up while u burn the little freckers faces off!! Its SICK what people can get away with these days. Even if the police did get involved the kids would just get a slap on the wrist

Where was the 5 year old girl, recovering from cancer playing?

In her garden, on the street, at a friends?

I have a 12 year old who fortunately is not recovering from any illnesses and he still doesn't play out the front. Not that I am trying to defend the boys that carried out the assault but perhaps the parents of the little girl should also have been more careful, she already said they were looking to move away from the estate.

As for the two little monsters that carried out the act, they need a good hiding. No doubt they come from single parent families with parents that don't really care what they do as long as they aren't in the house!

I was no angel as a kid, but would never hurt someone else in any way, even more so to a girl. Why do we want our children to grow up so quickly?

We allow them to come into contact with much more adult orientated material through the media at such a young age. They get to go out till all hours and basically run a muck.

I think there is a lot in that last sentence. I think we have become rather decadent and our values are being passed on.

My soloution would be an eye for an eye.

Grab the parents tie them up while u burn the little freckers faces off!! Its SICK what people can get away with these days. Even if the police did get involved the kids would just get a slap on the wrist

I think that's a pretty SICK solution.

its a sad sad day that the criminals get better treatment than the victims when and if they get caught, human rights and compasion and all that shite my view on this would be as so many others have said an eye for an eye even bring back capital punishment society has got out of control and is going to get worse, more and more kids have no respect for anything or other poeple and dont care about the consequences not that they are that threatening any way (get to go to Disney Land) for THERAPY how tuff are we on them poor soles.

cheers johny48

A five-year-old girl who is battling cancer is recovering after two boys sprayed her with deodorant and tried to set her alight.

Scarlett Hellewell had to be rescued by neighbours when the pair pinned her down and attacked her with the aerosol can in Halifax, West Yorkshire.

She escaped with bruises when the deodorant did not set alight.

The two young boys, believed to be only 10 and seven ran off.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said: "The girl was playing when she was approached by two young boys.

"(They) kicked and punched her before spraying an aerosol in her face and attempting to set her alight. The match did not ignite."

Scarlett is suffering from a tumour which has left her blind in one eye and with marginal sight in the other.

Her mother Paula, 38, a home support worker, said she was hoping to move away from the estate where they live.

She told the Yorkshire Post: "I was disgusted when I heard what these boys had done, though this is not the first time they have attacked her.

"Scarlett's brain tumour is getting bigger and this was the last thing we needed to happen."

Neighbour Adele Brearley, 30, said: "Scarlett was really upset and her eyes were sore where they had sprayed deodorant. If they had managed to light the matches it would have been a lot worse."

Police are appealing for witnesses.

Five Year Old Cancer Sufferer Is Recovering After Two Boys Tried To Set Her Alight With Aerosol Can | UK News | Sky News

bloody hell, how appalling!!! no decent parenting or discipline, typical youth of this country! This story is just sick!!

this story has shocked me, i didnt know anything about this until i read it here tonite.

My mum took my 2 boys to the park yesterday and they were there for a while then these boys came early teens she said they were and one of them spat near her.

My mum said that it was digusting and he turned to her and said so what it aint your fing park what you gonna do about it.

One of them said to my step dad that he would get his dad to beat him up.

Another said you cant touch us we can do what we like.

And thats just it they know they can get away with it so they do waht they like when they like without fear of consequence.

Remember some prat saying
We will be tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime

- Fast-track punishment for persistent young offenders

- Reform Crown Prosecution Service to convict more criminals

- Police on the beat not pushing paper

- Crackdown on petty crimes and neighbourhood disorder

what the hell happend to that promise? ( source http://www.bbc.co.uk/election97/background/parties/manlab/labman6.html)

since they came in to power this place has got worse for crime.

i know its a bit a bit "different" but what would you suggest if it was your child?

I'm not suprised at the violence that goes on when I read opinions like yours.

Don't you see a connection?

I'm not suprised at the violence that goes on when I read opinions like yours.

Don't you see a connection?

Well said Hamba - the voice of reason.

The problem is as has already been mentioned a mix of being exposed to violence and adult material with regards to TV and Games and the lack of discipline from the so called parents leading to young children with no sense of how to act in society. Not being able to distinguish between the boundaries - what is right and wrong.

Though it has to be mentioned that the blame cannot solely rest on the hands of the parents as there is always one bad apple. No matter how well disciplined the child is, being exposed to older immature teens who misbehave can also affect a young child and in some case a child just ends up like that.

I know the 'eye for and eye' scenarios are a bit extreme, but Prash does have a point, if you look at certain countries where you get corporal punishment for even petty crimes, it does act as a very good deterrent.

But it all comes down to respect at then end of the day and the lack of it that certain, not all youngsters have of it.

They have no self respect, so how can we expect them to respect others?

Back