Boy, One, Dies In Dog Attack In Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have the most dosile dog in the world, she a bitch and loves everyone. also quite timid. since i have had her i have never once left her in a room with my duaghter and nor will i ever, i think personally it is a mistake not to be in control of a animal 100% when it is around children. if a dog is too savage or large to ensure your ability to keep it under adequate control at all times then people simply should not own them. thats what i think.

tbc

it is a very great shame indeed that this young life was taken by an animal, it is worse that when the police arrived at the scene they considered it still too dangerous to be around people and felt the need to destroy it on the spot.
what kind of nasty animal was this that it was ever allowed around children?

TBC - Glad to see a dog owner with sense mate - you stick to your morals mate.

And this:http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/england/leicestershire/5375520.stm

How many dead children is it going to take before we accept that these dogs are just too dangerous?

And please don't reply with any cop outs about dangerous owners. That's just avoiding the issue.

im sorry but thats utter rubbish, and you tell us we cant blame the owners as thats a cop out, bs mate its not a cop out its a valid answer it just happens to be one you dont want to hear, it also isnt avoiding the issue its addressing it.

one man kills another man do we blame all men? we would if we went down your route.

again reading issues on the news quoting that these pets are not loving warm pets part of a family

"The dogs are very aggressive - everybody around here is petrified of them"

and it is how you treat a dog that they react to only

locking a dog in the garden or in a yard will mean you will have a very harmful dog also a dog with no human contact you will have a harmful dog

its 99% the owners only im sorry to say and also i am a bit in the knowledge as we breed rotties so i can speak for them

soft as shit thats what they are like monsters that will want to sit on your lap and never leave your side lick you too death is more likey what they would do

all down to the owners there is no more to say about this really

while in this story about a seven year old taking the baby to the dog i cannot comment on but im sure in the future we will hear more details

Its a shame lately that everyone of these main news threads ends up in a war of words amongst people from the forum and the thread seems second best.
Really is a shame this happening considering the real people \who are hurting are the families and not peoples pride off here.
All i ask is if its not nice dont say it.

Its a shame lately that everyone of these main news threads ends up in a war of words amongst people from the forum and the thread seems second best.
Really is a shame this happening considering the real people \who are hurting are the families and not peoples pride off here.
All i ask is if its not nice dont say it.

i see nothing of this in this thread, debate and valid responses to other posts is all i see, one man cant post and everyone follow that post as if its gospel, remarks often receive responses with no malice towards that person but in the same breath not having to agree with that person.

to much shite happening on here lately leads to misconception in other threads.

i see nothing of this in this thread, debate and valid responses to other posts is all i see,

I would agree with thommo here. He's quite entitled to tell me that I'm talking rubbish. I don't agree with him but I accept that he's entitled to his point of view. This is what is called debate.

The problems we've had on the forum lately have been with people who don't seem to understand this fairly simple concept.

The problems we've had on the forum lately have been with people who don't seem to understand this fairly simple concept.

I hope you include yourself in that comment Nara
Back to the topic I agree with both you and tommo. Maybe if the government made the dog license £1000, Taxed the dog food like they do petrol and make owners have a safety certificate for the dog renewable every year

I agree with both you and tommo. Maybe if the government made the dog license £1000, Taxed the dog food like they do petrol and make owners have a safety certificate for the dog renewable every year

it sounds like a good idea but as i stated earlier laws are only kept by good people, the idiot brigade would flout this law and nothing would change except people like me having to pay for a license and tax which tbh isnt fair.

good idea in principle but not workable, all it would suffice to do is punish the good owners and i doubt the law would make finding these people there first priority and they also wouldnt know who has a dog or not, it would be down to people grassing others up and how would they know whether they did have a license or not.

same thing happened as i said with the handgun laws, the criminals use them and break the law and who got punished? the club shooters who used it as a pastime and never committed a crime.

thread is going off topic slightly seeing how this isnt the rant room but the news section, so i will leave it at that and say once again it is sad news and it shouldnt have happened but the responsibility cant be just left at the feet of the dog or all other dogs blamed for the one event.

R . I . P

I hope you include yourself in that comment Nara

lol well said i was thinking that too, pot and kettle.

Just to add i had a lovely german shepherd, but you cant trust them because they can just turn, i wouldnt dream of leaving any dog with a young child unattended its asking for trouble, its sad this has happened tho, very sad.

as some of u know lm little girl was attacked by my m8s dog , and again it was a quiet well behaved dog but it just turn , l wouldnt let my m8 put the dog down and because he had kids we found somewhere to rehouse it in the end ,

if u like it or not dogs are breed from wolfs and that part never leaves them .

if anyone on here has small kids please remember this

and by the way this trying to get one over one another is becoming abit boring now

Last edited:
as some of u know lm little girl was attacked by my m8s dog , and again it was a quiet well behaved dog but it just turn , l wouldnt let my m8 put the dog down and because he had kids we found somewhere to rehouse it in the end ,

Really sorry to hear this I didnt know I hope she is ok I know what you mean any dog can turn . I never leave my son alone with our two dogs and they havent ever done anything to make me think they would but you just have to becareful

Kate

and by the way this trying to get one over one another is becoming abit boring now

as it turns out, wolves have a brain 20% larger than a dogs and a better immune system. Off topic, I know, but I thought I would throw that one out there.

Didnt there used to be such a thing as a dangerous dog license?

lol well said i was thinking that too, pot and kettle.

Just to add i had a lovely german shepherd, but you cant trust them because they can just turn, i wouldnt dream of leaving any dog with a young child unattended its asking for trouble, its sad this has happened tho, very sad.

Sad days indeed.: grim :

Can we get back on topic now?

if your going to quote use the full post not selected highlights, and as you see the rest is on topic.

as it turns out, wolves have a brain 20% larger than a dogs and a better immune system. Off topic, I know, but I thought I would throw that one out there.

Didnt there used to be such a thing as a dangerous dog license?

dont think that would work , mine was attacked by a colly ?

Last edited:
Jealousy can play a major part in dog attacks,failing that seems they can get grumpy when being mauled by kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back