box shows nothing

ericbshort

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi a have a c+w pace box but for the past 2 weeks sometimes it show nothing then sometimes it fine. I can scroll up + down the channel selectors but it doesn't change when i go to select a channel.

Thts all the info i can give right now, going to work so ideas are appreciated
cheers

we need more info is there anything on the lcd does it boot up properly etc?

ericbshort said:
Hi a have a c+w pace box but for the past 2 weeks sometimes it show nothing then sometimes it fine. I can scroll up + down the channel selectors but it doesn't change when i go to select a channel.

Thts all the info i can give right now, going to work so ideas are appreciated
cheers

There`s some strange stuff going on at the mo!

Ive heard off two boxies in diffenart house`s where the remotes stop working

reboot the box and all`s ok again
does this sound the same ?

I've just got back from work, too freaking tired to reboot the box and re-check, will do in the morning
cheers

well tonight i ordered a film and got a radio channel.............

rebooted the box all went ok again...............

something is defo going on my pace box is realy slow and just dose nothing some times needs rebooting but saying that ive done a sammy on the cr3.2 and hell its like its got a turbo in it no probs on that box eney one know where i can put the dump velve

the-dogs-nutts said:
well tonight i ordered a film and got a radio channel.............

rebooted the box all went ok again...............

:grayno: CRAZY stuff going on LOL

I had a turner burn out today on a old pace box..

picture just went blank so when replaced the box i got a shock from the cable feed!!
Never heard of this b4

Other box stil working until the turner burns out on that one

jasperconran said:

picture just went blank so when replaced the box i got a shock from the cable feed!!
Never heard of this b4

hahaha , just as well you wern't washing your feet at the time m8

seen this before on a few cable feeds [it never knackerd the boxs up though}-----it might be worth checking the white boxed isolator out connected to your feed with a multimeter

benny59 said:
hahaha , just as well you wern't washing your feet at the time m8

seen this before on a few cable feeds [it never knackerd the boxs up though}-----it might be worth checking the white boxed isolator out connected to your feed with a multimeter

The next time i touch it i`m going to wear rubber gloves!! LOL

I will have a look at the isolator as you say mate cheers

jasperconran said:

Never heard of this b4

my mothers is like this does it everytime i touch it.. i think its because of the isolator being removed and replaced with a splitter..

You should always keep the isolator in place to prevent getting a small shock put your splitter in line after the isolator.

Ok
I turned off the power from mains for 2 mins, then turned power back on. Is that a re-boot?

Well it worked for approx 1minute then message came up "access to this channel denided" but as i stated before I can flick though the channel selector but can't see any channels, Just blank screen even on bbc1

is the box running hot m8, {access to this channel denided<<seen this on a box that overheated}

Ok I'll switch the box off now and start it up in a few hours.
I'll also try re-programming the funcard aswell
cheers b

I tried switching box off for a few hours and restarting and I noticed that after approx 5-10 mins the picture starts to freeze/gets jumpy, this gradually gets worse until the picture freezes all together then eventually the sound stops too.

As the is footy season I'd really appreciate any more help/ideas
cheers

JIMMYQ said:
we need more info is there anything on the lcd does it boot up properly etc?

The box seems to boot up fine - as per normal

pil196 said:
something is defo going on my pace box is realy slow and just dose nothing some times needs rebooting but saying that ive done a sammy on the cr3.2 and hell its like its got a turbo in it no probs on that box eney one know where i can put the dump velve

What is a "sammy" + "cr3.2"
At a guess I think this might be what my box needs.
Any ideas to starter threads or am I going down the wrong path?

cheers

i doubt a cr3.2 upgrade will sort your box m8, {it sounds more like the cim or the onboard tuner is faulty to me}

This might sound like basics buddy, have have you checked all connections especially the scart connection (jumpy channels).

Also sometimes the cards have a bug in it when written, so when you go to change the channels it changes randomly instead of number order. So you'll have to re-do the card.

Can also check the input tuner (cable feed) make sure that the connector hasnt been tightened too much and loosened the solder to the tuner.

Oh also make sure the batteries in the remote are ok, that can also make the channels change at random.

Good luck mate let us all know how you get on :drink:

benny59 said:
i doubt a cr3.2 upgrade will sort your box m8, {it sounds more like the cim or the onboard tuner is faulty to me}

sounds more like the cim or the onboard tuner is faulty to me -
does this mean a new box or can these items be replaced?

What is a "cim"
thanks

Back